dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Health, Well Being & Fitness

Old 29-01-2016
DBW Clubman

About a couple of months ago I started having a bit of tingling in my finger tips. It got progressively worse, at night and for the first hour riding, my thumb, index finger and middle finger would go completely numb. After some research on the net about non surgical remedies for CTS I came across some opinions about the benefits of using vitamin B6 to cure it. Well, I've been taking one 100mg tablet per day for a week now and I can clearly feel major improvement in the symptoms already. No more finger numbness at night and also while riding! I don't know if it's just a coincidence or else, but in my case it's definitely working. It's early days to say if it cures it, but so far so good. I thought to put it out there for those who have early signs of the symptoms and also for those whom have not tried it yet. It'll cost you only 10 bucks for 60 tablets and as long as you don't exceed 500mg per day for a long period of time, there's not side effects. Hope this might help someone.

Last edited by Paolozy; 03-02-2016 at 08:24 AM.
Old 30-01-2016
dbw Pro Hero

I'm gonna try that B6. Where do you get it? Just any Vitamins aisle?
Old 30-01-2016
DBW Clubman

Yep, any supermarket or pharmacy. Don't expect miracles, but in my case definitely helps.
Old 30-01-2016
dbw Pro Legend

looks like some fairly reliable research on B6 here and recommended dosages. too much for too long can lead to other problems.
Old 30-01-2016
With 3 eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolozy View Post
About a couple of months ago I started having a bit of tingling in my finger tips. It got progressively worse, at night and for the first hour riding, my thumb, index finger and middle finger would go completely numb. After some research on the net about non surgical remedies for CTS I came across some opinions about the benefits of using vitamin B6 to cure it. Well, I've been taking one 100mg tablet per day for a week now and I can clearly feel major improvement in the symptoms already. No more finger numbness at night and also while riding! I don't know if it's just a coincidence or else, but in my case it's definitely working. It's early days to say if it cures it, but so far so good. I thought to put it out there for those who have early signs of the symptoms and also for those whom have not tried it yet. It'll cost you only 10 bucks for 60 tablets and as long as you don't take more than 100mg per day for a long period of time, there's not side effects. Hope this might help someone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bergman View Post
looks like some fairly reliable research on B6 here and recommended dosages. too much for too long can lead to other problems.
Hmmm. Thanks boys. Looking into this.
Old, slow, happy... and a little confused
Old 02-02-2016
dbw Pro Hero

Bought some stuff from the chemist called Pyroxin (B6) peridoxine hydrochloride - sounds sinister. Hope it works.
Old 02-02-2016
DBW Clubman

Yeah that's the fancy name of vitamin B6.
I bought this one from the chemist $10.50. I would suggest to get max 200mg a day. I still have my finger tips slightly numb, but it's getting better. At least I can feel the clutch lever when riding!
Good luck Pete, hopefully it'll work for you too.
Old 02-02-2016
dbw Pro Hero

This could be good.

"At least one preliminary study has found this vitamin may increase dream vividness or the ability to recall dreams.[45] This effect is possibly due to the role this vitamin plays in the conversion of tryptophan to serotonin.[45] Anecdotal evidence suggests supplemental vitamin B6 may be associated with lucid dreaming."
Old 03-02-2016
dbw Pro Legend

Interesting that B6 might help. I've had massive issues with CT, I found a light pressure strapping of my forearms helped a bit, but lately it's been much much better all by itself. Which I have been wondering why.
Coincidentally I also take a B complex which massively helps my nerves deal with the non stop bullsh&t that appears whenever I take my helmet off and head back into 'real life'.

This has B6, maybe that is the difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 13-03-2016
dbw Pro Hero

Tried the B6 - didn't seem to do much.

What about this?

http://4arm-strong.com/