dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > The Workshop > Suspension

Suspension Proudly Supported by: www.shocktreatment.com.au

Old 18-01-2017
dbw Factory Pro

Drilled and tapped a thread for the speedo sensor checked it and its fine YAY. This is a very very tight operation with the Beta sensor. I then snapped it while tightening it up the thing is made of cheese either that or I had hit and weakened it at some stage. Will post up a pick when the new sensor arrives assuming I don't break it

The spacers are still a little rough. Was told there are two axle lengths for the SSS forks anyone know about this ? I know in 2014 they went to a bigger axle.

Brake line clamp off a 2014 Yz250f that has been turned around and modified. Easy fix just drill two holes in the cable clamp side and put to countersunk bolts back through the clamp and tighten to the fork guard. I used self vulcanising tape to bulk up the brake hose to the correct size.

Got to ride the bike today in very deep soft dry sand they felt like a good starting point. I tried many slap down landings and ran the front wheel into as many logs as I could find they felt nice and controlled with comp on 10 and rebound on 12. I'm sure on hardpack these settings will be backed off a bit. Will post up when I get on that sort of ground as its more what we race on over here. Forgot to mention I'm running 5mm fork spring preload.

MM
Old 30-01-2017
dbw Factory Pro

Got a ride yesterday in some very slippery dry ball bearing gravel and rocky hills lots of rocks. Ran the Comp at 16 out and the rebound at 14, the forks were smooth with no deflection or jarring of any sort. They use up a bit to much of the initial stroke to quickly I think this is more a low preload issue than anything else.
Very happy so far I have had an injured wrist for a while now and wear a brace. Normally I adjusted my OC forks to hold up and be a little firmer as I don't like mushy suspension, for the most part they worked well however every now and then I'd get a jar through the bars that would hurt my wrist. These forks didn't do that once so I'm impressed and happy so far. More testing to come and a picture of the speedo sensor I managed to shoe horn into the braking brake hanger.

MM
Old 21-02-2017
dbw Pro

How's riding the finished product going MM?
Old 21-02-2017
dbw Factory Pro

Really well I've been doing heaps of ugly rocky hills of late and the corresponding down hills.Most of the time they are dead smooth but once or twice a ride I get a little jolt but not as bad as my oc forks.

These forks are also much better into rough choppy corners and still plush enough on small bumps which is great for enduro's as the tests get really chopped up compared to the trails. Its this ability I guess to work over a wider range of conditions for the same clicker position than the open chamber forks and of course have a better action. Very very happy so far have a few ideas with the mid but I may not bother.

MM

MM