dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Ride Reports & Local Issues > New South Wales Ride Reports & Local Issues

New South Wales Ride Reports & Local Issues Proudly Sponsored by www.01moto.com.au Beta Sydney

Old 06-12-2019
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
Waterbomber put it out, the RFS ground staff just cleaned up the edges. Those pilots are pretty amazing.

What are the chances that some of these fires have been lit by Climate Change indoctrinated school kids and radical Greens trying to strengthen their case for action on Global Warming?
Whilst I would not put it past them the main issue is the closure of fire trails now that a lot of the old state forest areas are now national parks, they have restricted access massively and I was advised by those on the ground they could have put the fire out straight away in Tallagandra but since it was in the national park they weren't allowed in to get at it until it became an emergency, by then it was too late.
Here at my place in Araluen I have been in bug out mode since last Friday, car is packed and ready to go as if a fire gets going in my valley it will be goodnight Irene.
Spoke to some of the firey boys last night and the fear is the Tallaganda fire will hook up with the Batemans Bay fire that means all of Mogo National Park south through to Bentehera down to Moruya and beyond will go unless we get decent rain, again the main thing that keeps coming up is the closed fire trails restricting access as they are overgrown or inpassable due to poor maintence
Was advised that there was 8 or 9 earth moving units in the Tallagada area cutting fire breaks and because of the wind it keeps spotting over...…….not gunna lie this is not over by a long shot...stay safe people.
Old 06-12-2019
dbw Pro Hero

I've had my fire pump set up ready for two weeks.

I'll call it and say the cause is likely global warming. We were told of this scenario about 12 years ago, and it is coming to fruition.

It's really dry all over SE qld and fires are burning in rain forest pockets now. They are also burning through the night unabated due to low humidity. I really don't want to live in a desert as I've spent most of my life working in them.
Old 06-12-2019
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete40 View Post
I've had my fire pump set up ready for two weeks.

I'll call it and say the cause is likely global warming. We were told of this scenario about 12 years ago, and it is coming to fruition.

It's really dry all over SE qld and fires are burning in rain forest pockets now. They are also burning through the night unabated due to low humidity. I really don't want to live in a desert as I've spent most of my life working in them.
Global warming.. LOL!

Climate change.. it certainly is changing, it certainly always has. We people don't help.

I suspect the whole weather patterns are moving south. Reef is dying off a bit up here, growing better down. Crocs moving south more. Barra moving south. Early seasonal fires also moving south.

It's very dry up here at the moment as well, but it is what it is. High dry fuel loads create large fire potential. High population with insignificant breaks around structures creates high risk for losses. It's unfortunate, even devastating for those involved, but mother nature has one over us.. and our ideologies on how to manage 'national parks' leaves a whole lot on the table.
Old 06-12-2019
dbw Pro Addict

Amazing how those "climate alarmists" accurately predicted this 30 years ago, while the deniers will still adamant that the climate wasn't changing.
Now that there's a growing mountain of evidence that the climate is changing almost exactly as predicted, the deniers have meekly shuffled their position to claiming that "of course the climate is changing! It's just not us".
Amazing that the climate has decided to change in clear correlation with human greenhouse gas emissions, and that the alarmists have been able to predict the changes so much more accurately than the deniers...

If you were presented with a 5 year old who took this many goes at deciding on their version of the truth, you'd laugh them out of the room.

Of course this is a product of human caused climate change.
Old 06-12-2019
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
Waterbomber put it out, the RFS ground staff just cleaned up the edges. Those pilots are pretty amazing.

What are the chances that some of these fires have been lit by Climate Change indoctrinated school kids and radical Greens trying to strengthen their case for action on Global Warming?
That’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever posted & there’s been some doozies since I’ve been on DBW.

All dirt bike riders should be “greenies”, you idiot - kind of goes with the territory? You know, s/t in forests?

Dick head.
Old 06-12-2019
dbw Pro Addict

Exclamation

So off yas all go ,,

Off to Bunnings , get ya pink ribbon ,

Do your civil duty ...
Old 06-12-2019
dbw Pro Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spac View Post
Amazing how those "climate alarmists" accurately predicted this 30 years ago, while the deniers will still adamant that the climate wasn't changing.
Now that there's a growing mountain of evidence that the climate is changing almost exactly as predicted, the deniers have meekly shuffled their position to claiming that "of course the climate is changing! It's just not us".
Amazing that the climate has decided to change in clear correlation with human greenhouse gas emissions, and that the alarmists have been able to predict the changes so much more accurately than the deniers...

If you were presented with a 5 year old who took this many goes at deciding on their version of the truth, you'd laugh them out of the room.

Of course this is a product of human caused climate change.
Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Global warming.. LOL!

Climate change.. it certainly is changing, it certainly always has. We people don't help.

Ah - nup. The effects of global warming have been predicted for a long while now. As I said, what we are seeing is exactly what the predictors stated would happen. To be honest, I'm not too concerned about the bush getting a good burn, it needs it every now and then, but a real hot fire is not good for anyone, and neither is losing properties. What I don't want is my general area to have a different climate, which is what will happen if we don't nip global warming in the bud. It ain't that hard, just greedy effers don't want to pay the price now.

Old 06-12-2019
dbw Pro Champion

Here near Canberra; those Brindabella fences never existed @ 10 years ago.
There's no Livestock in there & it's not-become privately-owned-land either.

I carry side-cutters in my back-pack & I will cut-fences if-such a need arises.
Me & mates were self-sufficient once upon a time: Always found our way out.
================================================== =======

The difference in CO2 levels when compared to Historic levels are currently in the order of .00%
There have been times in our Earth-History when CO2 has been this high... Millions of years ago.

I agree that-there maybe a tipping-point & that we may-have... As Humanity... Already reached it.
There's a Country in the World consuming 1/4 of the World's Resources: I'll give you three guesses.
================================================== =======================

I maybe wrong... I often am... Those maybe Countries may appear to be China & India.. Yet their not.
Yanks Heat a whole Stadium inside & wear T-shirts when it's snowing outside 'cause they can I guess.

Friggin duplicity is something... Don't Bullshit a Bullshitter.
Are we Aussies dumb & naive? Maybe we deserve it then.
Genius or Idiot... Sadly it's Defined by the Mediocre Masses... With their Hindsight.
Dicklaimer... The Text above is to be Evaluated by a Responsible Person... Prior to Any Action Being Taken.

*George Carlin*What We Do*No Bravery*Tell the Truth*911*Genetic Armageddon*Carbon Tax*Interplanetary Climate Change*Fracking*Shock Doctrine*Extinction Protocol*
Old 06-12-2019
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete40 View Post
Ah - nup. The effects of global warming have been predicted for a long while now. As I said, what we are seeing is exactly what the predictors stated would happen. To be honest, I'm not too concerned about the bush getting a good burn, it needs it every now and then, but a real hot fire is not good for anyone, and neither is losing properties. What I don't want is my general area to have a different climate, which is what will happen if we don't nip global warming in the bud. It ain't that hard, just greedy effers don't want to pay the price now.

Agree with what you have said mostly.. what is the price we need to pay? that's the million dollar question.

We're a cancerous species.. We'll end up taking the host out, or the host will cull us back in line. The odds that we're capable of having any significant influence at this point in time is minimal.
Old 06-12-2019
Maico loving Chiko roll munching
coach driving international playboy.
Inaugural winner of ADB 'Golden Chiko' award.

Location: Batemans Bay. The place God created so he could go trail riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max at the Flat View Post
Whilst I would not put it past them the main issue is the closure of fire trails now that a lot of the old state forest areas are now national parks, they have restricted access massively and I was advised by those on the ground they could have put the fire out straight away in Tallagandra but since it was in the national park they weren't allowed in to get at it until it became an emergency, by then it was too late.
Here at my place in Araluen I have been in bug out mode since last Friday, car is packed and ready to go as if a fire gets going in my valley it will be goodnight Irene.
Spoke to some of the firey boys last night and the fear is the Tallaganda fire will hook up with the Batemans Bay fire that means all of Mogo National Park south through to Bentehera down to Moruya and beyond will go unless we get decent rain, again the main thing that keeps coming up is the closed fire trails restricting access as they are overgrown or inpassable due to poor maintence
Was advised that there was 8 or 9 earth moving units in the Tallagada area cutting fire breaks and because of the wind it keeps spotting over...…….not gunna lie this is not over by a long shot...stay safe people.
I went to a meeting in the 'Bay this arvo (Fri) conducted by the RFS to bring everyone up to speed. They have been/are back burning in the Nelligen area to try and stop it moving further south. Lets hope it works.

Maico will rise again!

The Chiko Roll - Health food of a nation.