dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > Beta Forum

Beta Forum My bike is Beta than yours!

Old 29-07-2019
dbw Pro Legend

Enjoyed the crap out of riding it with the stock fork & AirMousse 12psi. The 300 has never handled better, tbh - inc with KYB.

If Iím being brutally honest, for my terrain & speed the oc is a better choice. I would need more tweaking to the KYBís to make them as compliant as the Sachs in the rocks & chop at low speed. Yes, thatís possible & not too difficult but icbf - Iíd rather ride my bike.

The fact is, Beta have improved the fork dramatically from Ď14 to Ď18. Is it as good as a Gas Gas SSS fork - no. But, Iím a gumby 50 year old & itís more than good enough for me, the 300 & rocky s/t.
Old 31-08-2019
dbw Pro Legend

I put the stock FMF pipe back on & rode it. TSPR did a great job blowing out the dings & they also helped me re fitment. The lower pipe mount tab was hella bent, making line-up a bit of a sh!tter. All good now. Ticked over 110hrs this morning, too.

I vastly prefer the stock pipe over the PC Platinum I had on as a spare. The FMF is quieter & has smoother power everywhere.

It was the bikeís 1 year in my shed birthday the other day, so I got it a new sticker kit as a pressie. Itís still mostly stock except for an NEDW needle, mousse (f) & TuBliss (r) and 12mm bar risers. The risers have gotten rid of a sore lower back from crouching in standing attack for too long.

I sold my Beta KYB SSS kit a week ago & so have a bit oí dosh lying around - but every time I ride the thing Iím reminded what a great bike it is for me.

Still a Beta fanboi
Old 31-08-2019
DBW Expert

My 2015 300RR just goes great. It's only the rider that lets the show down. I love the thing and don't hanker to replace it, particularly as I'm trying not to splash cash. The only bike I'd want is something like a DRZ, since I'm moving to a place which apart from the single tracks for the 300RR, also has lots of adventure-bike style country on the doorstep, so I wouldn't mind a 4T that can cruise the fire trails dirt roads for hundreds of k's in a day.

Mine has Stegz Pegs, P-tech bashplate, EE handguards, a fancy linkage guard that Roon sold me, Tubliss, NECJ needle. Can't think what else.

Geez, what have I done to mine recently?? (you can see I haven't been visiting DBW in a while!)
* Filled it with fuel a few times, but only rarely as we spend hours wrestling the bikes less than a few k's.
* Suspension service recently ... but my forks are flogging out and still need to be hard anodized.
* Put on a fatty front (big improvement!) and from FFRC tried a GT 369KX on the rear, which is incredibly big and gummy with big knobs and wide spacing ... I was pretty suss but it's been good actually. Unreal in hard dry stuff. Not good on wet rock. But a much better all rounder than I expected. Not going to last long and I plan to get a 333.

The bike gets very long rests between uses as I usually injure myself severely somehow, usually toppling off it at slow speed onto a rock or stick or something and breaking ribs. I invested in more extensive body armour recently.
Old 31-08-2019
dbw Pro Addict

had ffrc do a revalve and some mods to my xtrainer suspension. its gone from the worst handling bike ive ever ridden to the best handling bike ive ever ridden. really stoked
Old 09-09-2019
dbw Pro

Pulled out the rear shock again last night, only had it serviced about 30 hours ago but last ride it dumped a heap of oil out and started making a clunking sound.

The bike had a similar issue and sound coming from the shock when I bought it (130 hours on it) and the tuner said it was due to a failure internally where oil basically went where it shouldn't go

Anyone else have/had similar shock issues?
Old 09-09-2019
dbw Pro Addict

had a ktm shock do that at about 350 hours, but i never serviced it from new
Old 09-09-2019
dbw Pro

Jesus that's a long time, no wonder it was fecked!

Funny thing is I have the cursed red Marzocchi forks which I was worried may be cactus when purchasing the bike initially and of all things to give me issues it's the shock

Other than that I must say I love this bike, handles so much better than any pumpkin I've ever had
Old 17-09-2019
dbw Pro

Got the shock back last night, issue was the seal blew out dumping all the oil hence the clunking sound. Shocks received a full rebuild (bushes, rings etc) so hopefully it lasts longer than 30 hours this time.

Will throw that back in this week, install new NECW needle and go for a rip on Saturday
Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro

After doing some reading in here and on other sites ive changed needles on my 17' 300RR.
Ive just been running the N2ZW that came in the bike when i brought it. Dont like the snatchy feeling down low with this needle however (few to many whisky throttles). I cant really find too much info on this needle like the suzuki ones.
For the $14 ive changed it to the NECJ to give it a go, clip #3. I wanted to get the NEDW but the shop I went to had no stock.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkahz View Post
After doing some reading in here and on other sites ive changed needles on my 17' 300RR.
Ive just been running the N2ZW that came in the bike when i brought it. Dont like the snatchy feeling down low with this needle however (few to many whisky throttles). I cant really find too much info on this needle like the suzuki ones.
For the $14 ive changed it to the NECJ to give it a go, clip #3. I wanted to get the NEDW but the shop I went to had no stock.
You may find the NECJ a tad lean & snatchy off the bottom, too.

These days, I prefer the NEDW with fat jetting over the NECJ. With pv flush, 38p & 168m and 40/1 the bike is strong & buttery-smooth with no mega hit all the way through.

NECJ will part your hair, though! Plenny strong..