dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Off Track Talk

Off Track Talk Off Topic Stuff, Bench Racing and Other Topics - keep them clean!!!
Proudly Sponsored by www.torpedo7.com.au

Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Aldi you are awesome

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-b...bble-ball-1pk/

Gotta get some for Fraser this year....freaking hilarious in the sand dunes!!!!!
Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Addict

Location: Mt Druitt West, used to live in Mt Druitt East, also lived in Mt Druitt North and South.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max at the Flat View Post
Aldi you are awesome

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-b...bble-ball-1pk/

Gotta get some for Fraser this year....freaking hilarious in the sand dunes!!!!!
Inflatable jumbo size vaginawith the uterus and other organs??
Old 4 Weeks Ago
DBW Expert

My youngest is awake right now (almost midnight) with growing pains, big cramps in his feet and shins. Poor fella. The wife is about to pop with our third kid so Im on the nighttime duties with the boys so she can get some rest.
Perhaps we should be united by giving a shit about each other? A little kindness? A little recognition that the only currency that is worth anything is happiness and contentment. The exchange rate is fantastic, too... give a little away and you get more back.

Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoRadivo View Post
My youngest is awake right now (almost midnight) with growing pains, big cramps in his feet and shins. Poor fella. The wife is about to pop with our third kid so Im on the nighttime duties with the boys so she can get some rest.
Glad I'm past that , now I just have a sleeper walker to contain in the house hence the drop bolts on my doors
Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Well here is one for ya, on Sunday I got to look at a Tesla X, interesting car no doubt, heaps of go and of course silent but....real world use it has a range of 300klm's, where I live that is just not good enough.

But here is the kicker, the guy is a self avowed greenie which I don't have a problem with despite the fact he owns two houses one in Canberra and one in the bush but hey we wont go there buuuut after dropping $180k on the car which has a range of 300klms he then had to drop another $30K plus to set up a solar system to charge the freaking thing!!!

Plus as he admitted if he needed to drive to Sydney he would need to stop at Goulburn and use the supercharger stationed there to get to Sydney, so the question was asked how long to charge the car?.....He was a bit coy on that one but eventually the charge times come out, at least an hour on the supercharger if the battery levels are down, second charge system is around 5 or so hours which depletes his solar (sunny days only folks!) or if he is in town it takes around nine hours to charge off the mains power!!

Now before you get all high and mighty on me I live totally off the grid (my little system is currently pulling 18 amps!!) and I would love to get an electric pushy but real world electric cars are a looooong way away.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max at the Flat View Post
Well here is one for ya, on Sunday I got to look at a Tesla X, interesting car no doubt, heaps of go and of course silent but....real world use it has a range of 300klm's, where I live that is just not good enough.

But here is the kicker, the guy is a self avowed greenie which I don't have a problem with despite the fact he owns two houses one in Canberra and one in the bush but hey we wont go there buuuut after dropping $180k on the car which has a range of 300klms he then had to drop another $30K plus to set up a solar system to charge the freaking thing!!!

Plus as he admitted if he needed to drive to Sydney he would need to stop at Goulburn and use the supercharger stationed there to get to Sydney, so the question was asked how long to charge the car?.....He was a bit coy on that one but eventually the charge times come out, at least an hour on the supercharger if the battery levels are down, second charge system is around 5 or so hours which depletes his solar (sunny days only folks!) or if he is in town it takes around nine hours to charge off the mains power!!

Now before you get all high and mighty on me I live totally off the grid (my little system is currently pulling 18 amps!!) and I would love to get an electric pushy but real world electric cars are a looooong way away.
Not to mention the impact on the environment to manufacture and dispose of lithium batteries, their instability, the impact to make solar panels, etc, etc, etc.
Like Us On Facebook
Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Addict

Location: Mt Druitt West, used to live in Mt Druitt East, also lived in Mt Druitt North and South.
All the electric cars are just suburbia shop/school run vehicles, no good in the country or inner suburbs [or city centre unless you paid $500000 on a parking spot]. Fiat is working on a car that has all the panels covered in solar panels,[ so drive the average 17 minutes to work, park it in the sun for 8.5 hours,drive home]
Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Addict

The Porsche Taycan , if you're into cars and this is the future sign me up , not like the Telsa this thing does 0 to 100 sprints over and over and over , worth youtubing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Porsche-Taycan-gear-patrol-slide-2-1940x1300.jpg (54.4 KB, 10 views)
Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro

That Greta Thunberg is gonna make a great little actress one day - full range of emotions on tap.
You gotta hand it to the Swedes - they sure know how to signal Virtue.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManRiver View Post
That Greta Thunberg is gonna make a great little actress one day - full range of emotions on tap.
You gotta hand it to the Swedes - they sure know how to signal Virtue.
Holy hell.....I just got to see her performance......I thought child exploitation was banned, I am surprised she is not holding up a effigy of trumps head!

Reminds me a little of Veruca Salt!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Veruca Salt.jpg (44.2 KB, 8 views)