dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Factory Pro

Bike price tm 530

I wouldn't normally ask for peoples opinions on bikes prices but I have a 2007 TM 530. It has 292kms. Thats it. original tyres still like new. Ridden on farm a few times. I haven't been able to ride due to my shoulders and I'm now looking at two surgeries.
The bike was never regoed but everything there and compliance of course. I can't look up anywhere because they are never for sale. I don't really want to sell but not sure if I can even ride again.
What's a fair price??
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro

Not a direct comparison, but might give you some clue as to older bike prices.
TTBOMK these bikes weren't rushed at this price.

http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/s...d.php?t=128210
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Factory Pro

Id be comparing to similar sized offerings from the other manufacturers too. Taking into account the very low ks but exotic nature of the bike. Youll probably end up taking less than what you think it is worth though. I coped it a bit when I sold my TM but I wanted out of the exotic bikes. Hopefully a passionate collector snaps it up.

If you could reason with religious people there would be no religious people.. House.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Addict

Someone said to me recently that a new/near new ten year old bike is only three rides away from being another almost-worthless ten year old bike.

At twelve years old, it's a decade away from being collectible.

Not saying it is worthless, but it does kind of sit in an awkward space in the market.
Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Pro Addict

Location: Mt Druitt West, used to live in Mt Druitt East, also lived in Mt Druitt North and South.
There is a red book for bikes, those would be between 3k and 5k, depending on trade,private and other factors.
Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Pro Hall of Fame Member, Seeker of the burger.

Bikes like that kind of have two values.

To sell quickly, it's value isn't that high as you'll be competing against workhorses like KTM500's or WR450's with no quirks and readily available parts.

Ideally, you're looking for a buyer who's after a rare bike or specifically a TM and willing to pay for it.

In the latter case - and if you're comfortable waiting a good 12 months to sell it, you'll probably get twice as much.