dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 21-07-2003
Andy

Is anyone from Murwillumbah (Keil vale)

Just wondered if anyone off this forum is from here... Currently iam living in england. But I will be moveing over to oz at the end of the year.. I will be comming over next monday for a 3 week holiday with mi girly.. While im over thier id like to check out some of the places near by to ride..
The only thing im not looking forward to is spending 3 weeks without mi bike.
Or even worse spending 3 weeks without ridding a bike...
Anyways thanks for your help..
Cheers Andy
Old 21-07-2003
dbw Pro

Mur bah

Hey Andy,

I am originally from Mur bah, but now live in brisbane.

The area used to be full of state forests which had some great riding in them, but unfortunately, they have been changed to National parks now which bikes are not allowed in.

There is one state forest still, called Woolumbin state forest which is near Tyalgum (15k's west of murbah) which is still state forest and has some pretty good tracks.

As for motocross, the closest track is Reedy creek at the back of the gold coast. It has night racing and practice fairly often.

There is a local club in mur bah, but they can only use the showground for a small MX track, and it is not very frequent.

As a kid, there was heaps of cool tracks in the area, including a full MX track at Kielvale but now due to noise / insurance dramas there is very little. Shame, but oh well.

Hope this helps.

Angus
Old 21-07-2003
Andy

Thanks alot gus thats a big help.. The forest and the MX Track sound really good. I spoke to the girly and she says its about 30mins drive from hers so were gonna check them out when we get over Thier..
Also Can anyone point me in the direction of any Motox shops around that area.. Our plane lands in brisbane. And id like to pick up some body armour while im out thier..
Thanks again for your help..
Old 22-07-2003
dbw Pro

Bike shops

Andy,

If you land in Brissie and are heading south to Murbah, then the best place to stop would be Nerang.

You drive through nerang and it is half way between Bris and Murbah. There is one street, i think called lawerence drive, that has a number of bike shops on it. This is probably the easiest to get to, and just 2 minutes off the main highway.

When you have the armour, another 10 minutes furthur south is Reedy creek, so you can stop in there as well if you want and pretend to carve laps around the MX track!!!

Hope this helps.

Angus
Old 22-07-2003
Andy

NIce one gus.. Thanks alot.
Once I get to reedy creek MX Track maybe ill put on mi body armour and run around the track a few times to make myself feel better.
Cheers Andy
Old 22-07-2003
dbw Pro

Brmm brmm noises

Yeah, thats the go mate.

Grab a stick from one of the surrounding gum trees as a set of handlebars and you will be half way there.

The track is fairly hard and rocky so make sure you wear footwear that is right for the job. A soft terrain pattern will shed knobs faster than you can say, "oh dear, I don't have the traction to clear that next double"

And brmm brrmm noises are a must. It is a slick surface, so keep short shifting and you will be alright.

Cheers

Angus
Old 22-07-2003
Andy

Thanks for the tips gus ill let you know how I get on.