dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Off Track Talk

Off Track Talk Off Topic Stuff, Bench Racing and Other Topics - keep them clean!!!
Proudly Sponsored by www.torpedo7.com.au

Old 10-07-2012
dbw Pro Legend

Vale Mat C

I have had the pleasure of knowing the Coughran Family of Northern NSW for quite a few years, Steve (Dad and my mate) was a former comp trials rider and president of the local MX club for a while, Luke and Mat his sons were both highly skilled if not a little unpredictable MX and SX riders, both had done well in multiple Aussie championships over the years, with Luke being offered a ride in the US eastern lites series before he was stabbed during a dispute at work a few years ago... 8 times right through but like all bike riders the tough little bugger pulled through.
His older brother Mat was a forerunner in the fast fifties series and hosted a round or two on his Parents property and put a lot of his own money back into the sport as well.
This family are true blue Aussie battler types, would give you the shirts off their backs and more, they work hard and quietly and spoke little of their achievements.
So it was with a heavy heart I was informed this Morning that the Oldest of Steves Boys Mat had passed in an overnight bike accident on the road east of Lismore in a single vehicle accident.
he is 33 forever now.
My family all knew them, didn't have a huge amount to do with Matthew, but his Dad and younger Brother we did and the advice given to my Son when he was just a tacker and riding his KTM 50s on their property and MX track from his local idols stayed with him.
Vale Mat, you leave a wife and young children, they are in good hands with your family and friends.... and never wipe that cheeky grin off your face while Roosting in heavens tracks