dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Rider Organisations > Charity &/or Fundraiser Rides!!

Charity &/or Fundraiser Rides!! Rides that benefit more people than just the riders!!!!!

Old 17-09-2010
dbw Factory Pro

OK here we go we are all loaded up and heading out there

Thanks to all who helped out ,looking foward to seeing you all

its gunna be a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FORCE OUT WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO

SKIN GROWS BACK AND PAIN GOES AWAY!

SPREADERS FOR SALE TALK TO ME !!

club mud no 450

R.I.P JET 24/11/02 - 21/7/08
Gone but never forgotten
Old 20-09-2010
dbw Pro Legend

ride report anyone????????????
Old 20-09-2010
Prime Monostar.

Old 20-09-2010
Foot long Sav

I think what Anthony's trying to say is that his Husky went:
"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnk"

Moo had planned on going up with Anth and Lukeage in the Bermuda triangle Bongo but an early finish from work led to a change of plans, so, I picked up Moo early Friday arvo and after a couple of detours we hit the highway and got to Charnwood about 10 O'clock.
Got our kit sorted and settled in to a few refreshing brewskis, some nibblies, catching up with some "haven't seen in too long" faces and a bit of a yak to all and sundry.
Seems I was the last man standing.

Saturday dawned and we were all up bright and early (7 - 8 ish) and were met with a hearty breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausages, toast, cereal, tinned fruit etc.
The food on these weekends is worth the cost alone.
It was announced that there would be a total of five rides with one cautious group, three intermediates and an expert group.
I joined up with the black intermediate group and a fine and merry group it was too.
We had Muzza (the unreal force) and Brian (the real force) as our lead and sweep respectively and a fine and upstanding job they did.
It was surprisingly soon into the ride before we received news of a catastrophic failure of one of our groups bikes. (refer to seizure type sound effect above).

There was intermittent drizzle that kept the dust down and the goggle rags on double duty.
A fun hill climb with numerous erosion mounds and requiring careful line selection had you greeted at the summit by a very amicable group of 4wd'ers and boxes of bottled water and bags (and bags) of snakes.
A few of the groups were on the mountain at the same time and I'm told the view is quite impressive though the low cloud kept the cameras in the bags.
The ride was an absolute hoot and we all had a great time.

Upon returning to the compound we were greeted by a table full of rolls with bowls and plates of appropriate fillings for a DIY lunch - awesome.
The carrot cake was delish and, combined with the overindulgence on the roll front, had me bursting at the seams.
Spanking, time to head out for another ride.

After a bit of prompting from Muz the collective decision had us passing on one of the led rides and opting for the arrowed course.
Simply perfect.
After a bit of mild stuff, good to warm back up a bit, we hooked into a couple of good hillclimbs and a downhill that had the old date puckering faster than a strobe light.
Good stuff.
The ride then settled into some glorious flowing trails with a memorable section trying to keep up with Matt being a notable highlight.
On our return everyone in our small group were raving about just how great the loop was and how much they enjoyed it, a big "well done" on the work that went into setting it up.

A quick shower and a few drinks and it was time for dinner, and man was it good.
Roast pork and lamb (maybe it was beef - probably too many pre dinner drinks) spuds in foil and vegies, followed by apple crumble or sticky date pud..........or both......a couple of times.....maybe....

A bit of a break to let dinner settle and it was time for the auction.
Let me tell you there was some quality kit on offer and some people walked away with absolute bargains, bargains I tells ya.
The auctioneer did an incredible job of convincing people that they had just placed a bid and had the room cracking up regularly.
The end of the auction saw people gathering around the ever increasing bonfire whilst TonyH and his band of merry minstrels set about entertaining the masses which included, I believe, an impromptu performance from a certain Mr Splints.
Once the hour had became sufficiently late the gig became an indoors, unplugged, in the round ,singalong that everyone really got into and enjoyed.

Damn I was pickled and just a little bit tired (and emotional) from the days riding, no "last man standing" for me that night.

Sunday morning saw another sumptuous breakfast though instead of one huge wave of eager diners it was more a straggle of bleary eyed, desperately in need of coffee zombies shuffling up to the bain marie.
Having been more than satisfied with the previous days riding Moo and I decided on a casual pack and load to prepare to depart and passed on the rides on offer.

All in all, an absolute pearler of a weekend, immensely enjoyable on all fronts, the company, the people, the food, the riding, could not be faulted.

A huge THANKS to Muzz, Wilko, Heather, Muzz's parents, the CC ladies, the ride leaders and sweeps, the ambo crews and the list goes on and on, thank you all.

So many people came together and contributed to help make a weekend that was far, far, greater than the sum of it's parts.

Don't like a post or thread? Click on this icon in the top right of the post.

The opposite of success isn't failure, it's 'giving up'.
Old 20-09-2010
dbw Pro Legend

the bike

Who won the 50 am i the proud new owner PLEASE SAY YES
Old 20-09-2010
Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil' nugget View Post
too tall for you anyway
Old 20-09-2010
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
too tall for you anyway
post whore pest
Old 20-09-2010
dbw Factory Pro

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil' nugget View Post
Sorry mate, BrendanP from Wangaratta was the lucky winner, but thanks very much for your donation.

SKIN GROWS BACK AND PAIN GOES AWAY!

SPREADERS FOR SALE TALK TO ME !!

club mud no 450

R.I.P JET 24/11/02 - 21/7/08
Gone but never forgotten