dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > Suzuki Forum

Suzuki Forum For the Yellow Terrors

Old 25-03-2018
DBW Dweller

RMX vs RMZ 450 cross over parts.

Hey, guys just wondering what parts are the same on RMX and RMZ 450 mainly on engine. Ie pistons barrels etc..
Old 29-03-2018
DBW Pro Champion Breeder

What are you seeking to do with the parts?

Replacements or performance upgrades?
Old 29-03-2018
DBW Dweller

Was wanting to BIGBORE kit the motor, can't seem to find a kit for the RMX. Was wondering if RMZ fittted, there seems to be plenty of stuff available. I am up for a replate on the barrel. Piston spec is good. Electrosil will resize it no problems. Just thinking kill 2 bird with 1 stone. My model is the first one, 2010. have just started doing inlet valves as well. It would be a handy thing to know what parts can be moved over to the RMX.. Any advice is much welcomed..
Its a good honest long hour bike.. still heaps of life in her
Old 29-03-2018
dbw Pro Hall of Fame Member, Seeker of the burger.

Can I ask how many hours ? I've always wanted a zook, but I only really trust yammy/honda more. A 450x barrel is a third of the cost of the zook and they don't seem to wear out anyway...
Old 03-04-2018
DBW Pro Champion Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swmdude59 View Post
Was wanting to BIGBORE kit the motor, can't seem to find a kit for the RMX. Was wondering if RMZ fittted, there seems to be plenty of stuff available. I am up for a replate on the barrel. Piston spec is good. Electrosil will resize it no problems. Just thinking kill 2 bird with 1 stone. My model is the first one, 2010. have just started doing inlet valves as well. It would be a handy thing to know what parts can be moved over to the RMX.. Any advice is much welcomed..
Its a good honest long hour bike.. still heaps of life in her
Have you fitted the Yoshimura cherry bomb (ECU plug) and the Yoshimura full exhaust system?
I run the above with standard gearing rather than 1 tooth bigger on the front sprocket like most people do. Found the larger sprocket made 1st gear too tall.
Old 03-04-2018
DBW Pro Champion Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco View Post
Can I ask how many hours ? I've always wanted a zook, but I only really trust yammy/honda more. A 450x barrel is a third of the cost of the zook and they don't seem to wear out anyway...
I'm still on the original barrel and bottom end.
Had the inlet valves and piston done after 2000km of my ownership and 3500km of the previous owner. Based on his bike set-up (tyres, gearing etc) I think he was much nicer (AMTRA trail rides) to it than I am.

My mechanic reckons with my 'casual' maintenance approach he's happiest i bought it out of all the 450's
Old 01-07-2018
DBW Dweller

Work Done

Work done.
New plated barrel spec to tightest allowed tolerance. Piston was well with in spec, so grew barrel to old piston. New inlet valves, reseated all. Put in back together. Started good but started bellowing smoke!!!!.
Put it down it to tight ring end gap.. Smoke started to reduce on warm up. Bike took a great deal to runnin. There is no engine noise. Considering forge piston and tolerance i asked for. The only thing i will.do at end of year is do a full tare down and rebuild.bottom end and gear box. Klms travelled is 8500.klms
Old 16-07-2018
DBW Dweller

Cross over bits..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl360 View Post
Have you fitted the Yoshimura cherry bomb (ECU plug) and the Yoshimura full exhaust system?
I run the above with standard gearing rather than 1 tooth bigger on the front sprocket like most people do. Found the larger sprocket made 1st gear too tall.
I have just pulled down to check valve tolerance and noticed the cam shaft on the inlet has scored one journal. Looks like I'm up for a cylinder head. Does the RMZ fit this bike.. I was assuming that there rmx and rmz were the same... Guess not..
Old 16-07-2018
DBW Pro Champion Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swmdude59 View Post
I have just pulled down to check valve tolerance and noticed the cam shaft on the inlet has scored one journal. Looks like I'm up for a cylinder head. Does the RMZ fit this bike.. I was assuming that there rmx and rmz were the same... Guess not..
Have a look at the online parts fiche but they have different part numbers for the 2010.