dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Off Track Talk

Off Track Talk Off Topic Stuff, Bench Racing and Other Topics - keep them clean!!!
Proudly Sponsored by www.torpedo7.com.au

Old 10-07-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete40 View Post
Yeah I know but rear size is nearly exactly the same.

Here's the numbers from the Mazda website....

Cargo box top length 1,485mm
Cargo box top width 1,500mm

My HR measures 1540mm length and 1500mm width, so the extra 55mm length might help. I reckon a bike will compress that much extra though.

I just put my KTM in to make sure modern bikes do fit. They do.
Attachment 105589Attachment 105590

Turn the bars on an angle so you get length advantage, lift the rear wheel high enough to sit it on the back and push it down, the suspension compresses enough to let it go in. They sit tight too. Tie-downs are nearly superfluous to requirements.
You've done well there, given those dimensions.
Turns out to be a perfect fit!

Also, looks like the wheel arches leave enough room for the front wheel to fit snugly into the corner of the tub, maximising the diagonal dimensions.

I think the wheel arch issue on some models is proving to be the main interference.
Old 10-07-2018
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideshowbob View Post
2014 D-Max ute tub, takes an 85-bw diagonally, easily, but not the 350. I do have a hard plastic tub liner in that makes the tub size a little smaller but I still doubt it would fit without the liner...
It fits Bob, but only one way and only without the liner. Pop the front wheel onto the RHS wheel well, point it straight ahead and swing the rear off to the LHS. Tight as.

It's a PITA though, I CBF'd, just drop the tailgate.

Current dirtbikes: 2018 450SX, 2018 YZ250-FX
Current road bike: 2011 FLHRC-Police spec
Old 10-07-2018
dbw Pro Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
You've done well there, given those dimensions.
Turns out to be a perfect fit!

Also, looks like the wheel arches leave enough room for the front wheel to fit snugly into the corner of the tub, maximising the diagonal dimensions.

I think the wheel arch issue on some models is proving to be the main interference.
Yeah, I actually got my width wrong - edited it above - 1400mm NOT 1500mm which gives me a diagonal of 1970mm measured. If you use the Mazdabator website dimensions against my HR ones, the diagonal for a Tuk-Tuk is actually longer than a HR.

You're right about the wheel arch though. I looked at a few today as I passed them and it is up close to the front making it even dodgier to get the bike in. I'd give it a go though. Lift it up and it will compress the suspension and fit in.