dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Ride Reports & Local Issues > Queensland Ride Reports & Local Issues

Old 26-01-2018
dbw Pro Champion

Christening a new bike

I bought a new DRZ the other day. Yesterday I took it for its first ride and Christened it.... literally. I've ridden over that concrete causeway hundreds of time but its never been that slippery. It was greasier than a butchers dick and I gave it a bit of throttle at the wrong time.
Going by the scratches to the concrete and the tyre marks it looks like I'm not the only one to get caught there.
The peg and bark buster were the only scratches on the bike.

"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical minority and promoted by mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Last edited by DV8; 26-01-2018 at 04:06 PM.
Old 26-01-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8 View Post
I bought a new DRZ the other day. Yesterday I took it for its first ride and Christened it.... literally. I've ridden over that concrete causeway hundreds of time but its never been that slippery. It was greasier than a butchers dick.
Going by the scratches to the concrete and the tyre marks it looks like I'm not the only one to get caught there.

I'm not sure your allowed to use that word these days

Hanna Somatics
www.hannasomatics.com

Feldenkrais
www.feldenkrais.com
Old 26-01-2018
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
I'm not sure your allowed to use that word these days
Maybe not, but I use a lot of words that I know I'm definitely not allowed to use, including the ones I used at the time.

And do you know what ? I couldn't give a ****

"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical minority and promoted by mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 26-01-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Everything intact?

Silly question...it's a DRZ!

Hanna Somatics
www.hannasomatics.com

Feldenkrais
www.feldenkrais.com
Old 26-01-2018
dbw Pro

Where was this at?
Old 27-01-2018
dbw Pro Champion

Neurum Creek on Neurum Rd, Mt Mee.