dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > Quad & ATV Forum

Quad & ATV Forum Four Wheeled Fun!

Old 07-02-2018
dbw Factory Pro

I spent 2 days riding a Honda TRX400 in sand dunes and it seemed like an ok bike, wasn't overly powerful but just did everything it needed to.
I've also spent a bit of time on a modified KTM505 quad and that thing is just ridiculous, it can go all pear shaped before you even know it.
Old 07-02-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly450 View Post
anyone that thinks quad riders wear skirts needs to race against them at Finke!
Did one pass you while you were de-tangling your skirt Mick?
Old 08-02-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri70 View Post
Did one pass you while you were de-tangling your skirt Mick?
they pharking fly!!!

i have a 850 polaris now, holds 2 fishing rods,cast net and a good size eskie for refreshments.
Old 08-02-2018
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brugger View Post
Are you maybe confusing the 350 raptor with the Banshee Trent? Banshee is the 350 twin 2 stroke. Raptor 350 is the 4 stroke. Even a 250 would suffice I reckon.
I have ridden a mates raptor 250F in tight stuff and the thing was great fun, I think it was perfect size in that environment
https://paypal.me/dreamfieldtheory
Old 08-02-2018
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
Iíve only ridden one of the ďperformanceĒ quads once, it was a Suzuki 450 about 10 years ago. I donít know why I was so surprised but it bloody hammered, went just like the 450 dirt bike I had at the time - who would of figured . After riding farm quads all my life this thing scared me, to be honest I didnít feel safe on it. This may of passed with some seat time and familiarity but if you ever got into trouble in 3rd gear plus it wouldnít end well.

True story, a few weeks after I rode this quad I was heading back out to my mates farm for a beer and the Westpac chopper flew over. When I got to his place it was landed in the paddock behind his house, it had come to get one of his boys who had rolled the quad at MACH 5.

The kid ended up ok, broken collar bone and some ribs. His missus made him get rid of it shortly afterwards.

Yeah thatís why Iím leaning towards the smaller capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
1) No way, the DBW crew have followed your journey and there's no chance of bailing on us now, or ever.

2) Hell no, no-one wants to see what's left of your radiation-zapped hairy balls when a skirt blows up whilst riding a quad.

3) Most definitely, you're the only lad on here making my rough head look passable.

Hope I've been of some help Chris.

Thought Iíd get smartass comments outta you Pete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow View Post
if anyone objected im sure all of DBW would shun them. (though quads are for ballerinas)

any of the older type ones i think would suit you best

Honda TRX 400

Suzuki LTZ 400

kawasaki KFX 400

the yamaha raptor is good the reverse lever is a bit clunky but ok.

where i was in the north of WA is massive with Quads. The farm quads are good too the yamaha Kodiak 400's and 450's go well they are CVT drive so no gears toworry about jsut high and low with also 4x4 an have racks you can carry eskys etc for exploring with the kids.

Would you be better off without a clutch?

happy to bounce any ideas or questions off if you like.

I think the Honda farm quads are way behind in the times though compared to the Yamaha's and Suzukis.

Iíd probably be better off without a clutch to be honest Mark but I would rather not give up that control. Did think about a farm type quad, would want one with switchable 2-4wd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza View Post
1. If they disown you they were never brethren to start with.

2. Depends, do you have nice legs? Maybe borrow one of Rabs's kilts to start and see how you go with that.

3. You've been showing your face in here long enough now scaring all the women and horses. Why the sudden concern about it?

Onya Wazza, didnít disappoint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roon View Post
ATC90 if you want to hurt yourself or a find a Honda Odysey 🤡

I actually owned an ATC110 back when I was young, it was a great fun bike. Did about 80km/h in high range and in low range was unstoppable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalboy View Post
do what u need to man. whatever gets you out enjoying the bush with your family. i came across a family on quads riding some open single track here a while ago. it looked a bit sketchy but if you take it easy it could be a fun family adventure, surely be able to get to places most 4x4's cant???

Iíd reckon so Matt. Kids love it as does my wife (farm girl so rode them a lot when young)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJay84 View Post
I have ridden a mates raptor 250F in tight stuff and the thing was great fun, I think it was perfect size in that environment

Thatís the way Iím leaning, either the 250 or 350. Doesnít seem to be too many around, lot more 450ís & 700ís.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGenius View Post
I spent 2 days riding a Honda TRX400 in sand dunes and it seemed like an ok bike, wasn't overly powerful but just did everything it needed to.

I've also spent a bit of time on a modified KTM505 quad and that thing is just ridiculous, it can go all pear shaped before you even know it.

TRX400 seem to be readily available and fairly cheap. Donít want anything too powerful, a 505 would be way too much.

For some there's therapy, for others there's dirtbikes.
Old 09-02-2018
dbw Pro Legend

may need e-start..
Old 09-02-2018
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brugger View Post
Are you maybe confusing the 350 raptor with the Banshee Trent? Banshee is the 350 twin 2 stroke. Raptor 350 is the 4 stroke. Even a 250 would suffice I reckon.
Yep, you're right.

The 250 Raptor is plenty of fun.
Like Us On Facebook
Old 09-02-2018
dbw Pro Hero

If you go the full soft on and end up with a Polaris, add some sheathing to the fuel lines.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Polaris.JPG (59.9 KB, 18 views)
Old 09-02-2018
dbw Pro Champion

Same sex marry these days ..i own a trx 450 , im willing to meet in a public toilet
Old 13-02-2018
dbw Pro Champion

Some great fun as a kid was had blasting around on a mates Suzuki LT 160 quad. Only small and low power but light and fun.

A smaller 200/250 or even the Suzi 160 are fun and not heavy I wouldnít rule them out