dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > Husqvarna Forum

Husqvarna Forum Huskys R Us

Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the oil pump and run the tpi on premix?
Not possible with the design. It is what it is and what the future is,so we'll have to endorse it do the required recommended maintainance. No big deal really.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Had a ride on the 250i today - noice! Mid range is huge for a 250, not dissimilar to the 300 but it's a bit tame off the bottom. Super smooth though compared to my '14 model. No vibes and the stock suspension is truly "plush". I just rode it as is and didn't play with the clickers but for my lowly pace and 80kgs weight) it was OK. Even looked at the manual and there it is in black and white - oil pump change at 80 hours. And it feel so light! Very flickable.
Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
Mmm, interesting. I wheeled my neighbours tpi onto the trailer last night after putting my 17 carby model on, it could just be me but I reckon I could feel a noticeable weight difference

They do ride well though, I havenít been in any knarly terrain on one yet just tight to flowing single. They are very responsive, smooth but responsive - the couple Iíve ridden feel like they have a bit more of a hit into the mid range than my carby bike.

Think Iíll be sticking with the 17 carb for a while until I see how the tpi goes long term.
I take this back. I rode a new TPI again last weekend and I think the mid range hit I was feeling was just a new tyre on the back of a new bike hooking up compared to the 1000km old tyre on my bike spinning and struggling to get traction.
Old 4 Days Ago
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggg View Post
If that's true TPI is off my 2019 update until it's updated or re worked which is a shame maybe beta should tell Ktm how to make a oil pump work

Let's hope for trailrider it's more like 200 hrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roon View Post
or maybe not
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy501 View Post
There has been a couple of horror storyís down here with the Beta oil bikes engine seizing because no oil to the engine.
Two stroke oil pumps are the work of the devil. TPI is a failed technology and the sooner they all bite the bullet on CI/dry sump/squirt oiling the better.
Old 4 Days Ago
Maico loving Chiko roll munching
coach driving international playboy.
Inaugural winner of ADB 'Golden Chiko' award.

Location: Batemans Bay. The place God created so he could go trail riding
Why is that Pete?

Maico will rise again!

The Chiko Roll - Health food of a nation.
Old 2 Days Ago
dbw Pro Hall of Fame Member, Seeker of the burger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluffie View Post
Not possible with the design. It is what it is and what the future is,so we'll have to endorse it do the required recommended maintainance. No big deal really.
They're still selling the carb model in parallel for 2018 aren't they ? I have a feeling that will continue to happen.... (might miss a model year and return in 2020, but I think people will vote with their $ and ktm will have to act if they want to save sales).

KTM have always won the paper shootout with all other brands by being the lightest. The tpi model gives that up to be on par with beta/gasser with more complexity and expense. Two of the major reasons people buy the 2T's in the first place?

On paper the gasser has kyb and that alone is winning them sales. Beta would have locked the market down if they'd made the weight saving and gone to jap forks last year.
Old 1 Day Ago
dbw Pro Legend

I'm fairly certain there are two options here. Another brand will come up with a better system that KTM/HusQ will license and use. Or the will stick to and keep revising TPI. Carbies will run for a few more years in the countries that allow them, then they will be history. Maybe batteries will take over by then.
Old 1 Day Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Carb is still available in aus on the 2018's and probably will be for next year but i'm not sure after that.
The 2t carb motor is simple and it's what many riders want and are used to.
Tpi complicates things but has some benefits that appeal to some buyers.
Old 16 Hours Ago
dbw Pro Hall of Fame Member, Seeker of the burger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axel View Post
Maybe batteries will take over by then.
There's only one thing that's been holding them back and that's battery technology... the moment they figure that out then combustion is dead. They keep talking about new battery tech but it never makes it to market.

(Then we'll realise our power grid can't support electric vehicles let alone air conditioners).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluffie View Post
The 2t carb mtoor is simple and it's what many riders want and are used to. Tpi complicates things....
Three injectors and a super computer. We used to debate whether 1 injector was too much complexity.

It's not really designed for ronny mac
Old 16 Hours Ago
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco View Post
There's only one thing that's been holding them back and that's battery technology... the moment they figure that out then combustion is dead. They keep talking about new battery tech but it never makes it to market.

(Then we'll realise our power grid can't support electric vehicles let alone air conditioners).
I don't believe battery/electric vehicles are the future. They're just a gap filler until they can come up with something better, like hydrogen or some other power source yet to be tapped.

We won't really see too much movement until oil supplies start to become critical or too expensive. That's when the oil giants will lose control of the market.
Like Us On Facebook