dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Competition & Racing

Competition & Racing Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.jdjetting.com.au

Old 13-02-2018
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
FFS, the lad will be 36 in a few weeks. He's riding injured on a privateer bike he's never ridden before with a suspension package no-one has run on that chassis ever. The multi-time World, AMA SX, AMA Outdoor, MA SX and MA Outdoor champ is doing OK given the situation he's in.

p.s. A 2018 Husky with factory ENZO KYB suspension...take my money.
Nutty what ever happened to the ENZO sub tank idea? they were the rage in the late 90's/early 00's

Did oils and valving improve? or did the size increase of the fork diameter increase the air/oil volume to improve forks?
Old 13-02-2018
"The Crack Of DOOM"

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow View Post
Nutty what ever happened to the ENZO sub tank idea? they were the rage in the late 90's/early 00's

Did oils and valving improve? or did the size increase of the fork diameter increase the air/oil volume to improve forks?
If you take a look at the Vital MX "Pit Bits" from Aneheim there is a pic of a Husky with a sub tank: https://www.vitalmx.com/features/Vit...Anaheim-1,5745
Quote:
Ross Maeda is bringing the subtanks back...using them to give a spring fork the late stroke "ramp up" that an air fork has, which some riders really value...especially in Supercross. PC - Michael Lindsay
Old 13-02-2018
dbw Pro Hero

Barcia had an excuse for going backwards

Justin Barcia
“Dang was having a good night and got into something and lost my rear brake onto next weekend bikes awesome teams awesome ready for Dallas.”
Old 13-02-2018
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow View Post

Sub-tanks were mainly a desert racing thing Arrow. Effectively they made an adjustable variable rate spring which could be turned up and down to control bottoming.

I guess the advent of closed chamber forks which didn't aerate and lose their high speed damping characteristic made sub tanks redundant. You can still buy them for OC forks. Last set I installed was on a mates' 2010 250EXC.

What Ross is up to now, I don't know.

Back to the SX...
Old 13-02-2018
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
Sub-tanks were mainly a desert racing thing Arrow. Effectively they made an adjustable variable rate spring which could be turned up and down to control bottoming.

I guess the advent of closed chamber forks which didn't aerate and lose their high speed damping characteristic made sub tanks redundant. You can still buy them for OC forks. Last set I installed was on a mates' 2010 250EXC.

What Ross is up to now, I don't know.

Back to the SX...
Cheers mate yes back to the SX

Thank you for that also Arctra, some amazing photos in there all the bikes from Factory to the privateers are such a high level of presentation. Credit to their teams and mechanics.

A few more fun Aussie facts in here Blake Baggart's RMATV team has another Aussie Michael Byrne helping as I think rider coaching/ team managing.

Hayden Melross was battling food poisoning all weekend and not able to keep food or water down but rode well considering.

Last edited by arrow; 13-02-2018 at 06:18 PM.
Old 13-02-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete40 View Post
Justin Barcia

“Dang was having a good night and got into something and lost my rear brake onto next weekend bikes awesome teams awesome ready for Dallas.”

Was wondering why he fell off the pace. Thanks Pete. Bam Bam sure looks good at the moment, didn’t see this coming.

I tell ya, I’m pretty bummed for KR94. It was a dumb retaliation at Webb that’s cost him, but hate to see him injured again after a bloody amazing start to the season. I hope he doesn’t do a Trey Canard!
Old 13-02-2018
dbw Pro Hero

Took me ages to get through all those photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctra View Post
If you take a look at the Vital MX "Pit Bits" from Aneheim there is a pic of a Husky with a sub tank: https://www.vitalmx.com/features/Vit...Anaheim-1,5745
Gee looking at all that makes you want to go to a supercross event in the US of A. Who's been to one?

I'm gonna go one day. A1 would be good, so would Vegas.

Those bikes are way tricker than I thought they were.
Old 14-02-2018
dbw Pro Hero

Good vid for the Chad fans

https://www.vitalmx.com/videos/membe...6610/GD2,43126

Last edited by Pete40; 14-02-2018 at 10:47 AM.
Old 14-02-2018
dbw Pro Hero

I'm still going through arctra's link

How effin' scary are the whoops?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfCSDZug...ource=ig_embed

How much force does it take to break a fork leg?
Old 15-02-2018
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete40 View Post
How effin' scary are the whoops?
When Chad was about 14 his old man (Mark, a concretor) made him a set of whoops that makes the ones on US tracks look like washboards on a dirt road.

Oh...and they were made of CONCRETE!

That, my friends is why Chad came out at 16 and smoked every Pro in Australia for the SX title as a 16 year old boy.

Second best SX rider this country has ever produced.