dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivisibility View Post
Try a chip out of the shoulder courtesy of the good old PDS

KTM should have been made to have a Product Disclosure Statement for their original PDS.

And I still prefer weed to grass.
Yeah, cause it's the PDS' fault

Another great and common gem from the blue crew.
Like Us On Facebook
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Juvenile PDS arguments back again it seems?

Kamba M active ingredient is Dicamba. You can find generic versions of this all over the place. It's the goto for most weeds - clover, khaki weed, cat heads and most of the other evils out my way. Not much good for Buffalo but then as said, if it's diluted enough... same as Glyphosate, if it's weak enough one can use it in a lot of places effectively targeting weeds without maximum destruction.
Old 1 Week Ago
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
... my biggest trouble was trying to get the friggin kikuyu out of the buffalo which it won’t help with..... what a bitch.
You're cutting it too low MR. Buffalo will shade-kill Kikuyu if you run it up to 60-70mm cut height. A bit of Buffalo 'weed n feed' helps. My Bufffalo lawn has no clover, bindi or Kike just from running the height up. Oh, and my best mate is a Greenkeeper (with an OAM for services to the trade!)

I'm with you guys on the weeds from bike mud. It infested my lawn after 2-3 washes.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
You're cutting it too low MR. Buffalo will shade-kill Kikuyu if you run it up to 60-70mm cut height. A bit of Buffalo 'weed n feed' helps. My Bufffalo lawn has no clover, bindi or Kike just from running the height up. Oh, and my best mate is a Greenkeeper (with an OAM for services to the trade!)

I'm with you guys on the weeds from bike mud. It infested my lawn after 2-3 washes.
Interesting. I cut it fairly high already, I would say around 50 mm (I will measure to be sure) second or third last notch on the deck height adjuster.

60-70 mm is very high I would say for buffalo, do you have any issue with thatch at that height?
Old 1 Week Ago
DBW Dweller

I used to go 50mm on the buffalo, but now more like 60-70mm. It really keeps out the clover and other nasties. Of course at this time of year, I just don't mow it much, except to get rid of twigs and leaves...

Jon P

From Z50 to FR250 in only 46 years. Currently on 2nd mid-life crisis...
Old 1 Week Ago
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
...60-70 mm is very high I would say for buffalo, do you have any issue with thatch at that height?
No. That is usually a result of saturation/high water table. I live on sandy loam about 3m above the table, It drains like a champ. Running a bit of height in winter wont hurt, the grass is dormant and the extra height stops the westerlies drying out the topsoil.