dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Competition & Racing

Competition & Racing Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.jdjetting.com.au

Old 1 Day Ago
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideshowbob View Post
So you want the heads of MA to jump up and down to a local council or other minority with a grudge against dirt bikes and expect it to be resolved quickly ?

Let me know how that plays out.
That's a stupid premise.

At the moment some Promoter, over which the MA have almost zero control, is liaising with those very same statutory bodies on the sports' behalf safe in the knowledge that they can totally misrepresent the sport..and then just bail out.

Thankfully, the Promoter trying to get the A4DE up is one of the most respected people in the sport in Australia.

Ever wonder why the Crusty Tours fizzled? Or the Australian SX died for years? Same scenario I outlined above. You might think I'm some sort of idiot Bob but I've mixed in those circles and kept my eyes and ears open...

The national MA executive should be constantly creating relationships with the relative govt departments, and more importantly the relevant Ministers. Instead, they do a Sergeant Shultz and load everything off to the Promoter. One change of Promoter and the whole system collapses. It's ludicrous.

Having worked at a high level and had a Missus who was departmental advisor to the Environment Minister, I have a half an idea how these systems work. PPPs collapse the minute that the govt or partner changes.

The MA SHOULD have a long history of govt lobbying and partnership building. It has almost zero in that regard because it defrays its responsibilities for some reasons. Inability, frightened, unmotivated, inept, who knows?

The proof is in the pudding Bob FFS, 11weeks left in 2019 and the MA has achieved what? Duck egg.

Current dirtbikes: 2018 450SX, 2018 YZ250-FX
Current road bike: 2011 FLHRC-Police spec
Old 1 Day Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
That's a stupid analogy, and at the moment some Promoter, over which the MA have almost zero control, are liaising with those very same statutory bodies on the sports' behalf safe in the knowledge that they can totally misrepresent the sport..and then just bail out.

Ever wonder why the Crusty Tours fizzled? Or the Australian SX died for years? Same scenario I outlined above. You might think I'm some sort of idiot Bob but I've mixed in those circles and kept my eyes and ears open...

The national MA executive should be constantly creating relationships with the relative govt departments, and more importantly the relevant Ministers. Instead, they do a Sergeant Shultz and load everything off to the Promoter. One change of Promoter and the whole system collapses. It's ludicrous.

Having worked at a high level and had a Missus who was departmental advisor to the Environment Minister, I have a half an idea how these systems work. PPPs collapse the minute that the govt or partner changes.

The MA SHOULD have a long history of govt lobbying and partnership building. It has almost zero in that regard because it defrays its responsibilities for some reasons. Inability, frightened, unmotivated, inept, who knows?

The proof is in the pudding Bob FFS, 11weeks left in 2019 and the MA has achieved what? Duck egg.
./sigh.

Cessnock took > 2 years to get permits through. No one was even trying to get an event up for 2019 at the time of the 2108 a4de running. One of the biggest hurdles was LOCAL approval from interested parties, one of which was a non govt wildlife rehab center that we rode past.
MA Cannot possibly be expected to be chummy with everyone. Expecting them to is ridiculous.

I'm not going to continue this discussion, you obviously refuse to acknowledge that there may be things holding this back that are completely out of MA's hands. No, I'm not involved in any way shape or form, I just think without details of the holdup, you are unjustly plastering them and it doesn't help.
Old 1 Day Ago
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideshowbob View Post
...MA Cannot possibly be expected to be chummy with everyone. Expecting them to is ridiculous.
Agreed, I'm not expecting the MA to mow the freaking grass of the PF or lay out the parking blocks. I'm wanting a competent management paradigm at the top level. Meetings with the Minister, the EPA upper management, etc. it only takes one word from the Minister for a project to go ahead.

Quote:
I'm not going to continue this discussion, you obviously refuse to acknowledge that there may be things holding this back that are completely out of MA's hands.
You're not taking in the debate Bob. I spoke personally to the Promoter. I know the issues, I posted them up. The one stumbling block was clearly outlined.

The issue IS out of the MAs hands, as is clearly outlined in previous posts, but only because the MA is incapable of forming relationships at the level required to achieve Ministerial support.

The Shoalhaven Motoplex failed for exactly the same reasons. We'll have to agree to disagree. I've been dealing with the MA for 30+ years and little has changed, I'm not prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt, they have too much prior form.

I hope the A4DE gets up for the Promoters' sake. He won't make a zac, he's doing it out of love of the sport.

Current dirtbikes: 2018 450SX, 2018 YZ250-FX
Current road bike: 2011 FLHRC-Police spec
Old 1 Day Ago
dbw Pro Addict

If MA can't come in as a positive, credible, and effective lobbyist for a national championship event, then what is the point of MA?

The insurance can be had other ways. The event organisers know how to run the event. The real value of a body like MA is not making rules or charging fees or providing insurance.

And jeez, the A4DE is an important event for a lot of reasons, but has been through the wars a bit lately to everyone's detriment.
If MA aren't making a solid effort to keep the event alive, then what do they actually do for the sport?
Old 1 Day Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spac View Post
If MA can't come in as a positive, credible, and effective lobbyist for a national championship event, then what is the point of MA?

The insurance can be had other ways. The event organisers know how to run the event. The real value of a body like MA is not making rules or charging fees or providing insurance.

And jeez, the A4DE is an important event for a lot of reasons, but has been through the wars a bit lately to everyone's detriment.
If MA aren't making a solid effort to keep the event alive, then what do they actually do for the sport?
Well said Sir
Old 13 Hours Ago
dbw Pro Hero

I'm wondering if the 4 day should be held every two years to give more time for everyone to line up all the ducks in a row and jump all the hurdles?
Old 11 Hours Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete40 View Post
I'm wondering if the 4 day should be held every two years to give more time for everyone to line up all the ducks in a row and jump all the hurdles?
Do that but make it a 6 day event like ISDE
Old 7 Hours Ago
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawbagga View Post
Do that but make it a 6 day event like ISDE
Trouble with 6 days is that you need many volunteers to take time off to help run it for 6 days.