dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > dbw User Reviews

dbw User Reviews dbw users share with the rest of us their own views on stuff they have tried. Proudly Sponsored by: Beta Australia

Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Thread dig up

Just got a pair from ebay boot store as mentioned earlier. Sub $300 for what is a 2015 marked pair. Basically the same as the curent model, just with limited selection. I was tossing up between these and new Tech 7, which are $500 on the shelf.

Got size 11, as my old Tech 8's are marked. Predator boot is great in the heel, but is a bit squishy on the sides. For the cost i wont complain, if i had tried them on in a shop, i might have passed and spent the extra on the Alpinestars.
Test will be next week.
KTM 690r - gone
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro

I got a pair 6 months or so ago from the eBay shop. Was left over 2016 models @ half prce. which proved to be a tad small, so cost $25 to return them for a bigger size #48. Got a phone call to say that size wasn't available on 2016 model, so would it be OK if they supplied a 2017 verson? I said OK.

Coming from my second pair of tech 8s they needed a little work with break in and some mods. I seem to have fat ankles and a bunion on my big toe. The Tech 8 booties allow variations in ankle thickness, and I'd cut a hole to make room for the bunion. No bootie in the Predator, so made up some timber wedges and a small turnbuckle to force the shape where needed and hit the plastic with a heat gun which sorted them.

Very tough boot, more so than a Tech 8 I think, but a bit harder to walk in, and not as waterproof. Seems they only need to get a splash and sock is wet.

In summary, excellent well made boot, and great value for me, with seemingly top support from the importer.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Hero

Been wearing mine every ride lately as the Sidis are dead. I am finding them more and more comfortable and a pretty good boot for the coin.