dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > dbw User Reviews

dbw User Reviews dbw users share with the rest of us their own views on stuff they have tried. Proudly Sponsored by: Beta Australia

Old 3 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

KYB SSS on Beta RR300

First ride today - 70km of mixed single & f/t with my mate Woogy & a mate of his who was on a brand new '17 450EXC.

First 2km of bumpy, pot-holed ft - "Jeez, it's valved firm..".
Next 10km of s/t - "Yep, ok - loosening up well..".
Rest of ride - "Wow..."

I am so glad I persevered with getting this mod together!

The bike feels much more stable at speed, but the most noticeable attributes are the bikes' improved steering, balance, tracking & comfort in tight s/t - my fave type of riding.

The best way to describe the difference is that it felt like the spring was constantly overpowering the rebound damping on the Sachs no matter what the clicker settings. The result was a pitching, front to back pogo effect which was tiring. The Kayaba fork is planted, period. Obviously this helps steering first & foremost. Also, with MX valving in it, the faster you go, the better the fork works.

Verdict - the best $650 I've spent on a dirt bike. It may need a revalve at some point, but I've got a mate who knows these boingers inside out.

Very, very happy.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Thank feck for that!!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
ErmmXR400
'Oh God knows EC250
And about a hundred road bikes, mostly Yamahas for some reason.

Owner of BikeAssist Australia - free accident replacement motorcycles for non-fault riders. Current rental fleet includes CBR300R, CB500F, CB500X, UK110s...
Old 3 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

I'm frothing at the mouth hanging to get a turn

Well done Christian!

Hanna Somatics
www.hannasomatics.com

Feldenkrais
www.feldenkrais.com
Old 3 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Also, I forgot, but the front brake felt more powerful than before. Could be the fork, rotor position relative to pads, better pad contact on rotor due to Braking adapter? Not sure, but definitely a bonus.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
dbw Factory Pro

Thats great new Kato glad you like it. They are a great forks even better once shimmed a bit. If you get on TT there are a heap of different ideas about valving them if they are std you can get them much better. If you want to tackle the valving yourself post up in the suspension section recon I could give you a pretty good head start as could Jakobi. Were your Sachs revalved ? They also respond really well to a bit of a tickle up.

MM
Old 3 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Addict

What MM said!

Pulling a few shims out of the base valve alone will give you a bit more of the plushness you probably want, without sacrificing too much in the way of stability. They're definitely an easy fork to work with.