dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Organise a Ride for Yourself. > Western Australia Rides

Old 14-09-2010
dbw Pro

broome enduro cash and trophys up for grabs

go to broome enduro for more ifo
Old 23-12-2010
dbw Pro

where can i ride

g'day people, can anyone help me with some places to ride, im in baldivis and will travel upto 1hr or over to ride somewhere decent, theres just nowere to go its b******t. i wont tell anyone where the area is as i know what its like when the word gets out about different area's.

it would be very much appreciated.
Old 20-03-2011
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzman86 View Post
i'm finding riding in the Pilbara awesome. .
Hi kuzman86, I'm also in the Pilbara, Karratha area, just getting into riding myself and have joined two local mx clubs although am interested in enduro rides too, do you know of any Pilbara clubs I could look into by any chance, or any areas around Karratha,wicham,roebourne that your actually allowed to ride cause Im finding it difficuilt getting this info. cheers
Old 21-03-2011
dbw Pro Champion

hey red dust there is a few crew around K town that ride. Message AGP53 off here he is in Hedland but will know the guys who ride down there. Or look up the Port Hedland Motorcycle club site and ring them.
Port Hedland has an enduro callender as does Newman and There is 9 Pony Express I believe set up around Tom Price and Paraburdo.
Karratha hasnt had any enduros there since about 2002 I think we had the last North West Round series. Pm me if you like and Ill pass on some numbers for Newman and Hedland clubs/riders. There are riders lurking around Wickam Davo and crew are out there and ther eis some awesome tracks out there but not sure if they do rides that often.
Kuzman is organising the TP Enduros I believe If your into some adventure stuff too Pm Red1 on here and ask for details of Garry Bell he (well used to live there for many many years) lives in Karratha and does heaps of self supported adventure rides ( they used ot go by the name Pesky Dirt bike riders ther will be links they made a docco once)

I have lived in the Pilbara for 20 years and spent time riding and racing around ther form when I was 10

Last edited by arrow; 21-03-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 24-09-2012
DBW Dweller

Anybody been to West Coast Trail Bike Safari's ride park in Kirrup (not meant as an ad, just don't know what else to call it)?

Great spot to ride and onsite camping.. Enduro trails galore and natural terrain track, even a little pewee track for the kids. Costs bugger all.

Ride Park
Old 29-09-2012
dbw Pro Legend

I'm down at Manjimup, plenty of tracks around. My favourite area is out from Greenbushes, shitload of big hills in the pines and around the river. spent 2hours walking our bikes down a 500m hill. Near on vertical with every obsticle you could imagine. hardest thing ive ever had to do haha.
Old 27-10-2012
DBW Dweller

There is an off road vehicle area on the corner of stock and thomas rd in kwinana. Mainly a big hill climb area and random trails. Ranger and cops not an issue as this is a register off road area.

Also a series of old sand quarries off Stake hill road that have been set up with a few tracks, jumps and small hill climbs. Google earth even show a make shift natural terrain track that has been set-up. This is my local spot and is good for a bash. Can get all types of vehicles in there, including vans.
Old 27-10-2012
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits View Post
There is an off road vehicle area on the corner of stock and thomas rd in kwinana. Mainly a big hill climb area and random trails. Ranger and cops not an issue as this is a register off road area.

Also a series of old sand quarries off Stake hill road that have been set up with a few tracks, jumps and small hill climbs. Google earth even show a make shift natural terrain track that has been set-up. This is my local spot and is good for a bash. Can get all types of vehicles in there, including vans.
That offroad vehicle area is a hole. I've moved over here from Sydney and living in Parmelia so that's my local too. One huge sand pit unless you ride down the right side parallel with the train tracks. Not allowed to but it's the best riding there.
I still go down most weekends late arvos.

Where abouts is the sand quarry? Can't find stake road
Old 27-10-2012
DBW Dweller

Baldivis riding area

The bit in the middle is a state explosive reserve so it is fenced off, but the sand pits are all good fun.

The quarry in the top middle is currently in use so stay off that (it's fenced anyway). But the rest are all ridden on daily. Harvey road on left of that map is best entry point.
Old 27-10-2012
dbw Factory Pro

Thanks for that. Was searching for Stake Road not Stakehill Road. Might go down and have a look tomorrow.

Was going to head out Metro but gotta take the wife to work in the morning.