dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Ride Reports & Local Issues > New South Wales Ride Reports & Local Issues

New South Wales Ride Reports & Local Issues Proudly Sponsored by www.01moto.com.au Beta Sydney

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 29-12-2013
Nutty's Avatar
Nutty Nutty is offline
The "One" and only
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Shoalhaven NSW
Posts: 11,626
Termeil-East Lynne-Termeil

I was out bird-spotting today and noticed that the trail fairies have re-connected Termeil to East-Lynne by S/T. No main dirt roads at all!

From the southern end of Wire Rope Rd all the way to the last bridge on the Old Highway down at East Lynne is all pinked and clear. A 20-25km run without touching the roads.

Get on it.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 29-12-2013
Blulu's Avatar
Blulu Blulu is offline
dbw Pro Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My happy place
Posts: 4,406
Let me guess, you saw a bald headed Yugo and six mountain goats
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by panhead_pete View Post

If I was smart I'd probably buy a Beta.

.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtr View Post
498
What a f***ing fun bike! So easy to steer on and off the power, it felt amazingly light for a bike its capacity

It's almost criminal how easy it handled the tight stuff, it was light years beyond what I could get away with on my 2010 YZ450, and you could steer it with the power like a pro whether going fast or slow. Seriously impressive.

.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 30-12-2013
Nutty's Avatar
Nutty Nutty is offline
The "One" and only
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Shoalhaven NSW
Posts: 11,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blulu View Post
Let me guess, you saw a bald headed Yugo and six mountain goats
Half-right Blulu, didn't spot any goats but the the greater bald-headed Yugo was following me all day.

The greater bald-headed Yugo only tends to dine on mountain goats when in the company of other Eastern European species.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 30-12-2013
hazza hazza is offline
dbw Factory Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
I was out bird-spotting today and noticed that the trail fairies have re-connected Termeil to East-Lynne by S/T. No main dirt roads at all!

From the southern end of Wire Rope Rd all the way to the last bridge on the Old Highway down at East Lynne is all pinked and clear. A 20-25km run without touching the roads.

Get on it.
Been running wheels between termiel and lynne for a few months now
Pete but not tagging??? Going out today to check out some old s\t that runs between old hwy and princess \ starts at corner of oldhwy and sheep track.

When doing the western end, try coconut off wire, run west to end. turn right and follow for about a k, look for s\t to left on a crest. this will take you wide and then south traversing middle ridge \ brooman and then following river road to shallow crossing. Then s\t along barkshed rd. The shallow crossing end of barkshed single needs some work, lost a fwe k'ms in there.....
Plan is then to link the s\t along the sheep track as the return loop from lynne to termiel. A good 80km's or 110 if departing from Kioloa.

Speaking off, let us know if you want to do the run over the next few days..... secure parking at Kioloa... easy 5 hour run.

H.
__________________
Spiraling down, digging a hole in the ground, where i ride.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 30-12-2013
Nutty's Avatar
Nutty Nutty is offline
The "One" and only
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Shoalhaven NSW
Posts: 11,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazza View Post
Plan is then to link the s\t along the sheep track as the return loop from lynne to termiel.
Done.

Coming home...Leave E.L. and take the single to Shallow Crossing, just as the S/T pulls alongside Barkshed to head west you'll see a double pink. Turn right and cross Barkshed.

Down the fire road and keep on the main trail, this will S/T all the way to Bridge Creek Rd. take BC road out to Sheep Track. Turn right and head east, about 2 km on the left the S/T re-starts. It's freshly pinked.

This S/T runs all the way to the southern end of Wire Rope Rd. It crosses Firebreak Rd about 4-5km from where Murramarang Rd joins The Sheep Track. It's all cleared and pinked Haz.

Can you please send me your mobile number? I might be able to get down mid-week.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 30-12-2013
hazza hazza is offline
dbw Factory Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
Done.

Coming home...Leave E.L. and take the single to Shallow Crossing, just as the S/T pulls alongside Barkshed to head west you'll see a double pink. Turn right and cross Barkshed.

Down the fire road and keep on the main trail, this will S/T all the way to Bridge Creek Rd. take BC road out to Sheep Track. Turn right and head east, about 2 km on the left the S/T re-starts. It's freshly pinked.

This S/T runs all the way to the southern end of Wire Rope Rd. It crosses Firebreak Rd about 4-5km from where Murramarang Rd joins The Sheep Track. It's all cleared and pinked Haz.

Can you please send me your mobile number? I might be able to get down mid-week.
Thanks, Done.
__________________
Spiraling down, digging a hole in the ground, where i ride.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 30-12-2013
WRFinn's Avatar
WRFinn WRFinn is offline
dbw Factory Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southcoast nsw
Posts: 563
Thank you thank you thank you hazza and nutty. Will get on it , I have missed riding there due to logging and tracks hardly ridden .
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-01-2014
hazza hazza is offline
dbw Factory Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
Done.

Coming home...Leave E.L. and take the single to Shallow Crossing, just as the S/T pulls alongside Barkshed to head west you'll see a double pink. Turn right and cross Barkshed.

Down the fire road and keep on the main trail, this will S/T all the way to Bridge Creek Rd. take BC road out to Sheep Track. Turn right and head east, about 2 km on the left the S/T re-starts. It's freshly pinked.

This S/T runs all the way to the southern end of Wire Rope Rd. It crosses Firebreak Rd about 4-5km from where Murramarang Rd joins The Sheep Track. It's all cleared and pinked Haz.

Can you please send me your mobile number? I might be able to get down mid-week.
Had a good run out there today. Lost the pink tags a bit before bridge creek rd, then got back on it..... i remembered some of the last bits from my drz days.... by the way where it comes out is not wire rope, i think its a numeric number\ 37 or something...... just before the boyne state forest sign..... love that stuff in there.. ok there is still some other stuff along old hwy, i need to rediscover too.

Got to e\lynne. Had a good chat to Dean in the backyard b4 i said i'm going for a pie and fuel. He said we're closed mate, but if you want some fuel and a can of drink your welcome..... top bloke.... he knows some tracks down there too .... and would gladly host an enduro..... nudge some contacts pete.
__________________
Spiraling down, digging a hole in the ground, where i ride.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-08-2018
rodd73 rodd73 is offline
DBW Dweller
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 4
Kiola S/T

Hey Guys, Bumping this one Sorry.

Heading down Kiola soon. Thinking about taking the WR450.

Looking for info on S/T in the area.

Cheers.

Rod
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-08-2018
WRFinn's Avatar
WRFinn WRFinn is offline
dbw Factory Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southcoast nsw
Posts: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodd73 View Post
Hey Guys, Bumping this one Sorry.

Heading down Kiola soon. Thinking about taking the WR450.

Looking for info on S/T in the area.

Cheers.

Rod
Head into the East Lynne store and ask the guy there to direct you to the starting points. The tracks are even better now and its all marked and arrowed.
Enjoy
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Termeil south, East Lynne Dperry New South Wales Rides 0 14-03-2011 07:42 PM
Milton to Termeil or East Lyn Sun 25th April G3 Rocketrod New South Wales Rides 41 24-04-2010 12:58 PM
TERMEIL, EAST LYNN, ETC 27-30th milkman New South Wales Rides 7 27-12-2007 08:17 AM
TERMEIL, EAST LYN, LONG Beach milkman New South Wales Rides 11 14-12-2007 10:47 PM
Saturday East Lynn/Termeil Motoman76 New South Wales Ride Reports & Local Issues 2 27-11-2007 09:25 PM


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 10:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.