dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > GasGas Forum

GasGas Forum Proudly sponsored by DIRTWORKS SUSPENSION

Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Mateeee... I don't know how much excess stock of 18's are laying around.. but historically the 250's have never sold as well as the 300's. They've cost less new, and are sometimes left over once the new models are on the floor. They only continue to depreciate in the crate from that point on..

Dealer demo bikes can often be the source of a good deal too.. I wouldn't take roon up on his offer though! Look elsewhere

From personal experience I'd shy away from the 13-17 models a bit too. I own one and while they ride very nicely, turn well, stop good, tractor motor, everything that is Gas Gas.. they do weigh a bit with the solid frame and anchor of a swingarm, and the Marzocchi forks are ticking time bombs. I'll be holding onto my 13 for a long while more I think, but if buying I'd be waiting for the right deal on an 18.
What took ya so long to chime in?!
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
I will be holding onto my 13 for a long while more I think, but if buying I'd be waiting for the right deal on an 18.
I will be rigghht heere waiting for yooouu....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D0E8723F-60DD-4F49-96F1-7E2F7C408C98.jpg (85.7 KB, 28 views)
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawbagga View Post
What took ya so long to chime in?!
Been chasing fish and chicks..
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibnut View Post
I will be rigghht heere waiting for yooouu....
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

KTM to GAS GAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZZA View Post
Hi all, looking for some educated opinions from people who have jumped off the pumpkin wagon and onto a Gas GAS. My current bike is an endurorised KTM 250 sx (FWW, RK TEK head, Gnarly pipe, Chads suspension, EXC tank etc). It's a good bike but with all the mods still not 100% suited to the technical, rocky/rooted out single track we ride 95% of the time these days.

So basically the plan is to sell my bike and 'sidegrade' (pitch to the Mrs) to a 2012-2015 Gas GAS 250 two stroke preferably minus the E start. I'd love to buy a new KYB equipped 250 but funds will not allow it for the next couple of years at least.

I've always had a thing for the bikes but have never owned one yet. I've never jelled with the KTM's lack of ability to turn, average suspension and expensive parts/bike prices these days.

Thoughts...

I see and read of this many of times, guys buying motorcross bikes for technical riding because there a lot cheaper, but by the time they make it trail bike friendly with buying a bigger tank , fly wheel weight, reklus clutch ,18 rear wheel, softer suspension, light kit , side stand , you end up paying more in the end.

Not being a smartass Ezza but if you had of bought a Exc from the start you might of actually jelled with that bike.

Once again these are only my thoughts, I hope you find what your after in a Gasgas.

Safe riding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro

I agree with you, looking back now it would have been easier to buy the exc. I've had exc's in the past and you end up spending money on suspension, getting more power etc. aswell. Also i'm not a fan of the pds rear of the exc.

We used to ride terrain that suited a modified sx more but now days we mainly ride technical single track.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZZA View Post
I agree with you, looking back now it would have been easier to buy the exc. I've had exc's in the past and you end up spending money on suspension, getting more power etc. aswell. Also i'm not a fan of the pds rear of the exc.

We used to ride terrain that suited a modified sx more but now days we mainly ride technical single track.

The less aggressive power and pds would be more suited for technical single track I think.

Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy501 View Post
The less aggressive power and pds would be more suited for technical single track I think.

Maybe, but they still...

lack of ability to turn, and have average suspension and expensive parts/bike prices .
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

KTM to GAS GAS

Quote:
Maybe, but they still...

lack of ability to turn, and have average suspension and expensive parts/bike prices .

Lack of ability to turn - I think thats more the rider and bike setup.
Average suspension- Im no racer so I can deal with average suspension, as long there not 4cs.
Expensive parts - Im happy to pay a little more for parts because I know there not 2-3 weeks wait.
Bike price- Yes they are expensive BUT you do pay for quality and latest technology.

Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy501 View Post
Lack of ability to turn - I think thats more the rider and bike setup.
Average suspension- Im no racer so I can deal with average suspension, as long there not 4cs.
Expensive parts - Im happy to pay a little more for parts because I know there not 2-3 weeks wait.
Bike price- Yes they are expensive BUT you do pay for quality and latest technology.
Keep telling yourself that Have to believe it when you're already that far invested in a machine.. Hahah!

See above.. Been enjoying fishing lately