dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > Yamaha Forum

Yamaha Forum For the True Blues.

Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Factory Pro

No reuse it .
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro

ok so i tried the tip above from thumpertalk and it didn't work.the theory behind it is that the spring compressors before the pressure plate has travelled far enough, so they space it out to travel further . not sure what its like in the older wr's but the 2019 has more travel to go without spacing it out so the spacers don't make a difference. . Clutch was in really good cond, not marks on hub or basket , had a good amount of oil covering in there which makes make think i won't need to try the swiss cheese mod that puts more holes in the inner hub to get more oil circulating ( similiar to a hinson ). I also tried a different oil ( motul) to see if that changed anything , it didn't. I have ordered a high quality lever which apparantly has slightly more pull so i will try that and if it doesn't work i am out of ideas. The only other thing they are saying is a new clutch pack but it seems a bit over the top for a basicly new bike.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Try taking out the cushion spring and giving the steel plates a surface linish with Emery paper on a piece of glass.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro

there is no cushion spring in this model. will look into linishing the steel plates.cheers
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopp View Post
ok so i tried the tip above from thumpertalk and it didn't work.the theory behind it is that the spring compressors before the pressure plate has travelled far enough, so they space it out to travel further . not sure what its like in the older wr's but the 2019 has more travel to go without spacing it out so the spacers don't make a difference. . Clutch was in really good cond, not marks on hub or basket , had a good amount of oil covering in there which makes make think i won't need to try the swiss cheese mod that puts more holes in the inner hub to get more oil circulating ( similiar to a hinson ). I also tried a different oil ( motul) to see if that changed anything , it didn't. I have ordered a high quality lever which apparantly has slightly more pull so i will try that and if it doesn't work i am out of ideas. The only other thing they are saying is a new clutch pack but it seems a bit over the top for a basicly new bike.
Maybe the clutch is working ok. Can you notice any extra drag on the engine in gear with the clutch in?
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro

yes there is a bit of drag when the bike is in gear and the clutch is in. I installed a new clutch lever that is supposed to have more pull and went for a ride today . It has improved the starting alot. Out of approx eight stops today there was only once that i had to put it in neutral to start , the rest of the time it started either first or second click while in gear. That will do me for now. If i could adjust it out a fraction more i would say it will be 100%.
Old 1 Week Ago
DBW Clubman

What brand is the lever chopp?
A few WR owners will be interested if it solves this issue
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro

its a works connection lever. its quite expensive but i was willing to try anything after buying a brand new bike that won't start in gear. Like i said its not 100% but definately better than it was before.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Champion

Imo; like I'd suggested above; you should have evenly balanced the springs whilst you had it apart.
If there in an external arm on top of the clutch basket; shortening that arm will also bring more pull.
It means a new arm or brazing up the hole & drilling a new one closer to the other end; a harder pull.
Genius or Idiot... Sadly it's Defined by the Mediocre Masses... With their Hindsight.
Dicklaimer... The Text above is to be Evaluated by a Responsible Person... Prior to Any Action Being Taken.

*George Carlin*What We Do*No Bravery*Tell the Truth*911*Genetic Armageddon*Carbon Tax*Interplanetary Climate Change*Fracking*Shock Doctrine*Extinction Protocol*
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro

I looked at the clutch pull when I had it apart and didn't notice an uneven pull on the springs. Just by eye though no measurements.adjusting the pull lever or changing the hole point sounds like a good idea. I will look into that.thanks