dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Off Track Talk

Off Track Talk Off Topic Stuff, Bench Racing and Other Topics - keep them clean!!!
Proudly Sponsored by www.torpedo7.com.au

Old 20-09-2018
dbw Pro Addict

Drone Capture

Arrive home tonight, chillin with the kids and hear this huge buzz, knew it was a drone and go outside and we have a drone flying up and down my yard...i resist the urge to use some VERY capable equipment we have to effectively eliminate drones...jump in the car and go into the next street where they are packing up the drone. I confront them and they claim to be surveying their roof, big mistake etc etc. I made it clear i dont want to see it up there again and they admit its against the casa regs to fly over my place...but assure me they wont do it again.

Now i know who they are and where to get them i am not so stressed... but i would really like to have eliminated or captured it, without breaking any firearms laws.

Anyone got any good capture technique for capturing/destroying drones without breaking the law, a lot. eg firearms.

Water, big stick, maybe i build a combat robot/drone, ray gun that ****s up drones, pet eagle?

Anyone got any experience?
Old 21-09-2018
dbw Pro Legend

what about a cheap drone of your own to take it out ... kamikaze

then you can plead mutual stupidity

frame build http://www.husaberg.org/forum/viewtopic.ph...php?f=8&t=13268
Engine http://www.husaberg.org/forum/viewtopic.ph...php?f=5&t=12131

Update http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/s....php?p=1679488
Old 21-09-2018
dbw Factory Pro

If you are handy with a bow.... I've always thought that a bird tip would work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg images (1).jpeg (9.6 KB, 26 views)
Old 21-09-2018
dbw Pro Legend

http://www.netgun.com.au/

If you could get close enough this could work

DIY job here https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2017/0...lumbing-parts/
Old 21-09-2018
dbw Pro

Drone flyer here.

Drones are becoming like pit bikes. They're cheap so they're becoming available to the lowest common denominator. A pit bike dies pretty quick and an inexperienced drone operator will crash it before too long so the annoyance usually doesn't last long.

If it's an ongoing issue just dob 'em in... I am aware of the laws and don't fly in town but once my mate next door wanted to see my new drone. I took off in my yard, hovered over his yard and flew back... flight time just over 4 minutes... by the time I landed and walked back inside to pack it up the cops had pulled up out the front... responded quicker than they would to a homicide call.

Oh and also, unless you can reach it with a 'big stick' they won't be seeing much more than what you could see on google earth anyway.

KTM 530EXC
TTR 110 TTR50
Honda CRF230 XR200 QR50
Old 21-09-2018
dbw Pro Addict

This guy was a commercial flyer of some kind, he said, if i have an issue call CASA, he was trying to pack it away and was super sheepish when i confronted him.

He was flying it at about 20m up and 25m in to my yard and looking into my house and patio area. If he does it again i will disable the drone and the operator.

what did the cops say? from what i can gather its not even illegal to fly over and casa dont deal with privacy, more safety.
Old 21-09-2018
dbw Pro

It's pretty sketchy with the laws in regards to flying over private property. Unfortunately whilst you might own your house and the land it sits on, you technically don't own the airspace above it.

What the law definitely does say is that you cannot fly within 30 metres of people (which COULD be interpreted to include cars, private dwellings etc). It is also illegal to film or photograph people without their consent.

KTM 530EXC
TTR 110 TTR50
Honda CRF230 XR200 QR50
Old 21-09-2018
Maico loving Chiko roll munching
coach driving international playboy.
Inaugural winner of ADB 'Golden Chiko' award.

Location: Batemans Bay. The place God created so he could go trail riding
I've seen a clip of a bloke hiding in his backyard out of sight of the drone with an air rifle. As soon as the drone faced its camera away he came out from cover and shot it down.

Maico will rise again!

The Chiko Roll - Health food of a nation.
Old 21-09-2018
dbw Pro Champion

I recently saw an article where the Dutch military were training falcons to catch them if they were a security threat.

"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical minority and promoted by mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 21-09-2018
dbw Pro Addict

Location: Mt Druitt West, used to live in Mt Druitt East, also lived in Mt Druitt North and South.
Pop it out of the sky with kiddies bow and arrow set, anything up to 30m is pretty sure hit straight up, if it has good arrow rest.