dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Organise a Ride for Yourself. > Tours, Ride Parks & Events

Old 31-01-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Vietnam Tours - any recommendations

Going in March. Anyone been there recently and have any recommendations on tour operators? Any tips or anything to share? First time for me travelling to SEA.
Cheers

Update - Gone with ADV MOTORCYCLE TOURS & DIRTBIKE TRAVE. 8 days North West Enduro loop. Should be fun.

Update - Returned safe and sound. Had a great time. High risk riding in Vietnam certainly. If anyone is keen on riding in Vietnam please be sure to do your research, riding in Vietnam for most Aussies is illegal which means Travel Insurance and all other insurance is invalid....
Old 07-02-2018
DBW Dweller

I went with Cuong's out of Hanoi last year.
We did 8 days in the North East along the China border. Best bike ride I've ever been on.
Old 07-02-2018
DBW Dweller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z3z_Ighe-Y

This is the video Cuong put on Youtube of us. Brilliant scenery and the food at the homestays was as good as I've ever eaten.
Old 12-02-2018
DBW Dweller

I went with some mates for 8 days with Cuong's tours out of Hanoi. Best scenery, food and motorbike tour I've ever had.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z3z_Ighe-Y
Click the link for the video he put together of us.
Old 05-03-2018
dbw Pro Legend

We have gone with ADV MOTORCYCLE TOURS & DIRTBIKE TRAVEL. 8 days, Nth West Enduro route. Hopefully it doesn't rain too much.
Old 14-05-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by axel View Post
Update - Returned safe and sound. Had a great time. High risk riding in Vietnam certainly. If anyone is keen on riding in Vietnam please be sure to do your research, riding in Vietnam for most Aussies is illegal which means Travel Insurance and all other insurance is invalid....
good to hear it went well axel. mostly offroad or some public roads too? i've done some stuff with vietnam motorbike tours who just do road tours. they said the only way to get the required licence (and therefore travel insurance) is have a three month visa and apply for a temporary local licence...
Old 18-05-2018
dbw Factory Pro

Hmmmm. I checked with the insurance company that handled ANZ Credit card insurance before I went & they emailed me a confirmation letter that I was covered. A year earlier a friend had a bike accident on a tour, puncturing a lung & his (different) travel insurance covered him.
Where did you get info from that it was illegal? I have a NSW bike license & figured that was valid all over the planet.

AndrewKTM450