dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Health, Well Being & Fitness

Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRFinn View Post
Its a big decision for sure. Its like anything though, some people will like it and some wont. The thing is the people that like it love it and the people that dont hate it. If you get them i hope your in the love it category. I normally don't want to influence anyone and i'm not trying to influence you but the day i seen your post i had a customer just talking to me about his and how much he hates them, so i just thought i would share what other people say about them.
All i know is what i would do if it was me.
Do as much research as possible on it and try to understand how the lenses actually work. Simply put to be able to see close as well as far the lens has concentric rings that changes the power through the lens. If your in a situation where you eyes a quite dilated the light will reflect off the rings and will be noticable. And this is where everyone is different and so are their tolerances, some people are just not bothered by it. If you want the best quality vision then you cant beat single vision. If you want to not have to wear glasses at all and make do then your motivation might be good enough to persist with the Bifocal
lens.
Again talk to your optom and ophthalmologist and see what they recommend. What ever you do i hope it goes well.
Cheers mate spoke to a fella at my wifes work today he's a rally driver and love loves them. Think I'll still go tri focal will post up and let people know how they go. I have huge stars and flashes at night now I see 3 lights not one
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Factory Pro

Yeah I was thinking that too. When you have cataracts your vision is pretty poor so it will be better than with them gone. Glad you have decided, looking forward to hear how you go with them.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Well first day I know its early however WOW!! Can read the paper easy and see number plates 30m away easy. Funny glitch in my peripheral vision I'm confident it will settle. The star from headlights due to the Trifocal is much smaller then the mess cataracts caused at night. My mid distance vision is much much better so can't wait to ride/race. Had my left eye done this was my weaker eye I now realise how bad my right one is, the left is way better already. Can't believe it, I put up with such bad vision. Just read a food label clover has leaves individual ones...... Will put up another update in two weeks just before and just after the other eye is done.

MM
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty MOOSE View Post
Well first day I know its early however WOW!! Can read the paper easy and see number plates 30m away easy. Funny glitch in my peripheral vision I'm confident it will settle. The star from headlights due to the Trifocal is much smaller then the mess cataracts caused at night. My mid distance vision is much much better so can't wait to ride/race. Had my left eye done this was my weaker eye I now realise how bad my right one is, the left is way better already. Can't believe it, I put up with such bad vision. Just read a food label clover has leaves individual ones...... Will put up another update in two weeks just before and just after the other eye is done.

MM
Great news MM!
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Addict

Location: Mt Druitt West, used to live in Mt Druitt East, also lived in Mt Druitt North and South.
Cataract fun facts , cheapest, shortest procedure , 5 minutes, $30[rest is all profit] the Romans were doing them using pig lenses, and the same instruments were found from few thousand years ago that are used today , some third world countries knock up their own lenses from ? who knows what? , old Fred used to do them for nothing.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty MOOSE View Post

MM
Thats fantastic. Glad to hear its working well.