dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Factory Pro

Back into the bikes

Well my last bike was a 2004 KTM300 which I sold a few years later as I got married had kids etc. etc. I'm sure a familiar story to some of you.

I'm now 12 years older and recently decided (after talking about it for a year) to get back into bikes (along with some mates). Around a month ago, the crew at Boltons in Kyneton (north of Melbourne) were kind enough to arrange a ride of a 350, 450, 500 and 300TPI. Mind you, we had not ridden in all those 12 years so I was quite nervous. After a few hours of test riding the 4 bikes, I had settled on the 450 EXC-F and my mate the 300.

Yesterday we picked up the bikes and went for our first real ride. All I can say is what have we been missing !! First up, these new bikes are bloody awesome. Suspension is great, power is great, handling is great. Most of all, just getting out there and having a ball with mates. Family life can be all consuming, so a bit of ME time is bloody welcome and therapeutic.

Honestly, my skills are crap. Will need to re-learn how to ride again, and being older, this will take some time. I am approaching with caution. After a few hours yesterday I felt more comfortable, but recognize the challenge.

Good to see this forum still humming along. Hope to engage in some discussions.

Braaaaaaaaappp !!!
Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Welcome back to the best sport out there, great choice of weapon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Pro Addict

Welcome back.

Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

I was going to suggest the 350, close enough.
welcome back, wait till you go riding/camping with your kids.....its a great feeling except when you have to haul their bikes over logs, up hills, bog holes.....
Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Pro Hero

Good stuff Nibble.

A thread for you. http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/s...d.php?t=126250
Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by splints View Post
I was going to suggest the 350, close enough.
welcome back, wait till you go riding/camping with your kids.....its a great feeling except when you have to haul their bikes over logs, up hills, bog holes.....
I almost went the 350. A sweet ride. Felt a bit lighter than the 450. However I opted for the bigger bike as I should not be wanting for more power. I weigh over 120kgs with all the gear so a bit more oomph to get me up the hills.

I don't think I'll need to modify this bike at all. I have heavier springs and bar raisers. The bike far outperforms my abilities.
Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

good choice going the 450 then mate...I'm around 85kgs and the 350 far outweighs what I throw at it... the 450 will give you a bit more as you said
Old 5 Days Ago
dbw Pro Addict

good stuff. youre not wrong - all the new bikes, especially ktm/husky, are very well sorted from the factory.
Old 5 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Back into the bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalboy View Post
good stuff. youre not wrong - all the new bikes, especially ktm/husky, are very well sorted from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk