dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Off Track Talk

Off Track Talk Off Topic Stuff, Bench Racing and Other Topics - keep them clean!!!
Proudly Sponsored by www.torpedo7.com.au

Old 6 Days Ago
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8 View Post
Quite simple :
The Nowra campus manager is a woman
The Wollongong Campus manager is a man

Not so simple...both female, same age.

The Nowra campus manager is a hard-bodied raging hottie who owns a gym.
The Wollongong Campus manager is a round-bodied heifer who ate a gym.

Current dirtbikes: 2018 450SX, 2018 YZ250-FX
Current road bike: 2011 FLHRC-Police spec
Old 6 Days Ago
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post

The Wollongong Campus manager is round-bodied heifer who ate a gym.
p.s. On RUOK day #1 organised a staff BBQ with lentil patties and fresh salad.
#2 had Krispy Kreme doughnuts delivered to every crib room.

Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Pro Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post

The Wollongong Campus manager is round-bodied heifer who ate a gym.
That may make it understandable, at least in older cars if Miss Wollongong also lacks flexibility in the upper body.

You already know where the traffic is and can see all around to back into a park without craning your neck etc and driving out into traffic it's easy to see.
Old 6 Days Ago
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom68 View Post
That may make it understandable, at least in older cars if Miss Wollongong also lacks flexibility in the upper body.

You already know where the traffic is and can see all around to back into a park without craning your neck etc and driving out into traffic it's easy to see.
I made it all nose-in. Poor drivers;
A) can't reverse in between the lines
B) might hit the car next door doing so
C) are a lot safer reversing onto the roadway where there's plenty of space.

Go to any country town with rear-to-kerb 45* parking. None of those folk ever saw a protractor at school...

Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Pro Champion

I pulled up to the gate in a mobile cane one day it was a Grove GMK 6300 link below if you want to see what it is. (another big yellow crane hard to miss easy to see)

https://www.manitowoccranes.com/en/c...rrain/GMK6300L

This was on a minesite I had been going to for 5 years and owned by the same company I worked for ( I had the company name in giant red writing all over the crane) I also had a truck behind me with some counterweight spread over 3 trailers also a big yellow truck with red company writing all over it.

I had the new security gaurd walk past me smile and wave as he made his way to the right side of the crane (Left hand drive crane again big stickers over it stating left hand drive). I left the right side window up as it was 46 degrees and the flys were horrendous at this mine site. He eventually looked through the windscreen to see no one was in that side only me still waving at him from the left side.
He came back over to me "oh are these left hand steering" so I did my bretho and told him what I was coming onto site for (major plant break down primary crusher broken and all crushing shut down about 100k an hour in lost production).
"oh ok bro I just need to get my supervisor to allow you to come in and in future my supervisor wants you to park over there (points 800m away in the bush) and come in and see us to do this, you know duty of care for you being in such a big machine and all"
I hit the roof we were there on a breakdown we had full authorisation and approval to do anythign we wanted from the registed Mine Manager, we were at that mine every second day it was part of our company the crane was actually owned by that particular mine site and we had possession of it as the cranes and transport division 60 km away in a more central place.
I advised him that if his supervisor had concerns for duty of care that they should be out here advising me of this and that if its such a concern they should also be out here as a spotter for you to walk around the vehicle and not sitting behind a computer in the air conditioned hut.
He started back pedaling then about its such a big vehicle and their not used to them etc. I asked if he had just flown in (knowing full well he did as I spoke to the boys the night before on my way out from scoping the job that they were going home a new crew was due in) "yeah bro flew in this morning @ 6am my first time here"
I asked how they managed to get to the airport, Perth Airport is surrounded by a major transport hub of Perth, truck upon truck upon truck and cranes travel the roads around the air port, its part of the route from the wharf to both the great northern highway and the east west high way. I asked if they were concerned driving their cars in the dark with the trucks on the freeway and into the airport as this was much harder to see and predict than a giant yellow and red crane parked at a stop sign 5m from their window with a crew that know the site and job backwards.

It wouldn't have bothered me at all untill they roll out the "duty of care" bull to try and pull a power move because they are the security and the supreme being. They were suppose to bretho me on the way out and sign my name off their sheet in the afternoon when I left but funnily they stayed inside and just waved us through when we left site.
Old 4 Days Ago
The "One" and only

I would've calmly backed the semi and the crane up, parked both 800m away and wasted as much time as I could complying with their stupidity. When it put $50-80K on the job the shit hits the fan.

As long as it isn't unsafe, it's always been my policy to calmly use their BS against them.

Back in the day (1980) I was a Service Manager at Kodak, my Manager forced me to stop assigning 'areas' to my Techs and make every Tech take any job from the allocator. I warned him (and the CEO) in writing of the consequences.

Nek minit, Palco's high speed colour printer went down in Wollongong, all my Techs are in the CBD, 2 hours away. Palco immediately offered my best Tech a full time job on double his pay. We lost the work and our best Tech.

Moral of the story: like Wu-Shu, use the adversaries own strength to defeat them.

Old 3 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Haha ya gotta be pretty special to work minesite security!

It's true ya can waste hundreds of thousands of dollars Nutty but after a while ya just wanna get in & get the job done!