dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Health, Well Being & Fitness

Old 27-03-2018
DBW Dweller

I have been dodging the dog ever since high school, although I had learned to ignore it by distraction. Dirt bikes, music, flying, you name it. Raising a family worked until the wife shot through and left me a single parent. Looking after my daughter remained the best distraction. Finally, buying a bike and getting back into riding after 20+ years made a huge difference. After a good ride, I felt refreshed and full 'o' beans, even if I was physically knackered.

Last ride I was solo in the bush and the darkness came back. Somewhere down the bottom of Old Creek Rd, memories of my 2 old riding mates that left the building some years ago came back. My riding went to crap and it was all I could do to get back to the car and go home.

Guess I should find some new people to ride with. Over the years we had a lot of fun, but the old mates aren't coming back any time soon. So sad that they never spoke up...

Jon P

From Z50 to FR250 in only 46 years. Currently on 2nd mid-life crisis...
Old 27-03-2018
DBW Clubman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonp View Post
Guess I should find some new people to ride with.
Make this a priority mate.
Not only is it safer, but surely most of the fun of riding is hanging shit on each other.
If you've only got yourself to hang shit on, it's inevitable things will get dark.

If I wasn't a thousand odd K's away I'd blow tomorrow and come for a ride with you.
My lack of ability always seems to take my mates minds off of their other troubles