dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 29-09-2017
dbw Factory Pro

Chad probably doesnt have a bike to ride for it. seems like hes still choosing between a ktm and honda at the moment.

As much as chad has done for australia in mx, its time for a younger guys to start stepping up as chad cant help us forever at des nations.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...zU3Qv1_6pmKMrA
Old 29-09-2017
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
1) Chad's 36 next march
2) He's hated MX since he was 12 years old
3) He'd be on a SX physical training cycle at the moment.
4) He hasn't done his outdoor settings for the current bike
4) His contract probably prohibits it anyway.

Fake news IMO.
>>>>
Except HE stated he wanted to in on the Team.
Just like Ben Townley last year ..... none of the above covers for
HE wanted IN. He can still produce when he wants to on a one off.

And if he hated MX (since 12) then 2nd to Pichon in his Debut year in Europe in the then World MX Champs says to me he can do anything he puts his mind to.

Nope Nothing fake about it ...Yamaha Motors US or Keith McCarty either or both didn't want to ($) supply a bike. Full Stop.
At his level ...NO Bike means he's out of this game.
Old 29-09-2017
dbw Factory Pro

[QUOTE=Arctra;2024339]Fake news? Chad has been on an SX only contract for a while now and has openly said he's "over" motocross. So I can't see why he'd feel entitled to be in the Aus MXoN team

Could someone from the previous posts who claim Reed cant, wont, couldn't, wouldn't ...Address how REED was on a contract with Yamaha to do 2 MXGP's in 2016.
And launched the 2017 YZ range during this fly in European MX hit and run.
And he was happy to doit. Even spoke glowingly about it at the time.

I'm not suggesting that Reed has earned the right to represent Aust in MXoN 2017. Nor even would he add extra to the existing team. BUT it is cheap imho of YMUS to deny him a bike OR deny him the right to then go organise his own.
If he could of / would of. I wouldn't think for one minute that CDR or Yamaha Aust would not get behind him in this case.

Nope I reckon his best role this year is as a mentor, particularly in the case of Gibbs,and even Lawrence. That is if Harry Everts chooses to pull support along national lines.
Old 29-09-2017
dbw Pro Legend

[QUOTE=Motoxfox;2024399]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctra View Post
Fake news? Chad has been on an SX only contract for a while now and has openly said he's "over" motocross. So I can't see why he'd feel entitled to be in the Aus MXoN team

Could someone from the previous posts who claim Reed cant, wont, couldn't, wouldn't ...Address how REED was on a contract with Yamaha to do 2 MXGP's in 2016.

I'm not suggesting that Reed has earned the right to represent Aust in MXoN 2017. Nor even would he add extra to the existing team. BUT it is cheap of the team to deny him a bike OR deny him the right to then go organise his own.
If he could of / would of. I wouldn't think for one minute that CDR or Yamaha Aust would not get behind him in this case.

Nope I reckon his best role this year is as a mentor, particularly in the case of Gibbs,and even Lawrence. That is if Harry Everts chooses to pull support along national lines.
Let's compare Chads MX results to Dean Ferris over the last few years. Again, I say this with respect to Chad. His overall career dwarfs anything anyone else in Aus has done, his SX results and his career longevity the stand outs.

In 2013 Dean Ferris achieved 3 x 2nd places and a 1st to finish up 6th overall in the mxgp championship.
In 2015 he had a more mixed season, he managed a best of 4th, and finished in 11th.

In 2016 he came back and took out the Australian championship, backing it up in 2017 with a more dominant win, clearing out almost every round.

Internationally in 2016 he got 5th and 15th at MX of Nations then in 2017 he managed a 7th overall (2nd and 14th) in a U.S AMA round with little prep.

From what I can see Chad Reeds last consistent MX season was 2009, from there on it was much more patchy. When he went to Europe in 2016 and got a 14th and 17th in Britain, followed by a DNF in Italy after qualifying way back.

He smashed the MX of Nations in 2011, being the main reason we got that podium spot, but since then hasn't represented Aus there apart from 2014 (where he didn't have a great result).

We know Chad is capable of amazing things, however jumping back into SX and taking on the Aussies is a completely different kettle of fish to competing against the world in a discipline he hasn't excelled at for a good 5 years.

I'm unsure how the qualifying system works, but I'd imagine if you're not actively racing MX the emphasis would be on you to go through the process and nominate / qualify, it's not going to just happen or you, regardless of how good you once were.

www.bioflexnutrition.com.au - Australia's purest supplements with dirt bike specific endurance products being developed.
Old 29-09-2017
"The Crack Of DOOM"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoxfox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctra View Post
Fake news? Chad has been on an SX only contract for a while now and has openly said he's "over" motocross. So I can't see why he'd feel entitled to be in the Aus MXoN team

BUT it is cheap of the team to deny him a bike OR deny him the right to then go organise his own.
That's a fair point, I actually forgot about his 2016 MXGP representation. Thinking back now, wasn't the only reason he did that because he had a contractual obligation with Monster Energy? But even if it wasn't, that was the year he was returning to Yamaha, so he needed time on the bike to get used to it. But that is conjecture on my part, I really don't know. What I am certain of is that he was insistent on NOT doing the US motocross season, and that is why I figured he was "over motocross". Could very well be a wrong assumption on my part, I will admit that.

As for it being "cheap" of Yamaha not to support him, there's a couple of point. First, he no longer has a contract with Yamaha, so really they have no obligation to support him. Secondly, wasn't he fairly critical of Yamaha this season? Why would Yamaha want to support him if he bags them out? I dunno.

I only questioned your original post as I had not hear what you said and couldn't find any articles support it when I did a quick search. It just didn't seem to reconcile with what I understood from listening to the PulpMX podcasts and reading RacerX Online etc. If you say it is true coz you heard it from a reliable source and it's not just your opinion, then you're justified in denying me questioning whether it is fake news. Sorry if it offended you, I certainly didn't mean to, but it still doesn't make sense to me.
Old 30-09-2017
dbw Factory Pro

I just got on the net to see how the MXoN ballots for teams draw in the qualifying races...
to find that Stefan Everts / Suzuki MXGP team are rumoured to disband.
Tho the article then goes on to say that it may continue without direct line Hammamatsu support.
And that Hunter Lawrence is reported as having had discussions with Honda for a 1 year contract in Mx2 for 2018 before heading to the US beyond that.
And further another article says Kawasaki has pulled the plug on its official MX2 team.
Changes !

*Source- Motonline

PSS as stated in post 4 above the CR22 story was a direct quote from a story posted by Geoff Meyers from MX Large
Old 30-09-2017
dbw Factory Pro

Australia get lucky with Ballot pick ... Gate 2
France 3

Netherlands 17
Great Britain 24
Belgium 34
USA 37

Swiss appear to have drawn gate 11

For the record Portugal drew gate 1

Interesting to see if Lawrence holds his nerve and just focuses on the job in front of him...
what with the uncertainty swirling over Team Suzuki / Stefan Everts Team.
Old 01-10-2017
dbw Pro Champion

Lawrence did awesome in the Qualifying race holeshot only to be passed very late in the car by Zach Osborne. I hope he can continue to build on his good start and show them what he is capable of.
Ferris did Oz proud too with a 7th in MX1 Qualifying race some good solid starts I hope it continues onto the races.

And I just read Kirk Gibbs 4th in Open quaifying

this puts Aus 3rd in Qualifying a great start to get some good gate pics and build on the races from there. The boys are doing awesome!!

Last edited by arrow; 01-10-2017 at 03:15 AM.
Old 01-10-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Great to hear.

Would be really nice for Gibbs to get a good result, a real quite achiever.

www.bioflexnutrition.com.au - Australia's purest supplements with dirt bike specific endurance products being developed.
Old 01-10-2017
dbw Factory Pro

Great result for the Aussies.
Lawrence 2nd / Gibbs 4th (Ferris 7th) = 6points, So Qualified in 3rd position.
Behind those pesty Froggs Legs and the Dutchies.

And there you go....in this thread it was Kirk Gibbs I had concerns about !
Sunday at MxoN is a different story, as the classes are combined.
Moto1 MX2 + MXGP
Moto2 MX2 + MX Open
Moto3 MXGP + MX Open

Got everything crossed for the team tmrw.