dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8 View Post
Johnny Appleseed has a selection of cradles and mounts

https://www.ja-gps.com.au/RAM/ram-hol-ga31u/

I've never favoured the ball mounts because they stand up too high. I've used the cradle and fabricated my own mounting brackets

I made up a bracket that bolts in under the handlebar mounts, then using the short arm of the ram mount system the cradle comes to the height of the crossbar. I use a zip tie around the ram mount to hold it against the crossbar to help hold it steady. It has survived a couple of crashes, including a cartwheel at 80kmh that broke my back. GPS was fine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 2 Weeks Ago
DBW Clubman

Recently purchased a Garmin 64, using it for leading rides and planning tracks. Purchased it with Basecamps and topo active maps. Heads up topo active is not the same as full topo. Some tracks were not shown, along with other features missing.
Cheers
Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull H View Post
Recently purchased a Garmin 64, using it for leading rides and planning tracks. Purchased it with Basecamps and topo active maps. Heads up topo active is not the same as full topo. Some tracks were not shown, along with other features missing.

Cheers

You can download a Garmin compatible full topo mapset called shonkymaps, for free. You install it using the Garmin Basecamp program. Admittedly, itís based on some fairly dated topographic data, so it may not show every road and track, but itís better than the base map you get from Garmin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 2 Weeks Ago
DBW Clubman

I'm keen on the mounts that are machined from a billet of aluminium but I can't seem to source them in Australia. I think they come from South Africa (Rostoffroad) but the postage is way expensive.
Does anybody know if we have an importer here in Oz?
Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph the surf View Post
I'm keen on the mounts that are machined from a billet of aluminium but I can't seem to source them in Australia. I think they come from South Africa (Rostoffroad) but the postage is way expensive.
Does anybody know if we have an importer here in Oz?

Con from Otway off-road was getting them made. Cant seem to find them on his webpage or ebay anymore. If you shoot him an email I'm sure he will sort you out something.
http://www.otwayoffroad.com/?fbclid=...JSye0by6Z2-EzA
2004 YZ240F
1991 DR250
1975 TC100 !