dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 14 Hours Ago
splints's Avatar
splints splints is online now
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Franga
Posts: 1,475
thanks poper, I will give it a go....is it possible that the bleeder valve can be stuffed so that when i crack it with the one way valve attached, its too loose and lets air back in?
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 14 Hours Ago
Tom68's Avatar
Tom68 Tom68 is offline
dbw Pro Hero
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Melbournes North West Suburbs
Posts: 10,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by splints View Post
thanks poper, I will give it a go....is it possible that the bleeder valve can be stuffed so that when i crack it with the one way valve attached, its too loose and lets air back in?
Bleeders aren't designed to work with one way valves, air can spiral back in around the thread.
__________________
.
Ignorance leads to confidence more often than knowledge does
.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 13 Hours Ago
splints's Avatar
splints splints is online now
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Franga
Posts: 1,475
yep i can see that mate, funny thing is loads of people suggest to do it...
surely if it didnt work... it would get

I am gonna dump the whole lot in fluid per poper's suggestion and watch where bubbles appear....
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 13 Hours Ago
Tom68's Avatar
Tom68 Tom68 is offline
dbw Pro Hero
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Melbournes North West Suburbs
Posts: 10,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by splints View Post
yep i can see that mate, funny thing is loads of people suggest to do it...
surely if it didnt work... it would get

I am gonna dump the whole lot in fluid per poper's suggestion and watch where bubbles appear....
Probably works when the brakes are virtually gravity bleeding and thread is wet enough for a partial seal.

Thread could be sealed, but then you could also just use it as a manual one way valve as it was intended.
__________________
.
Ignorance leads to confidence more often than knowledge does
.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12 Hours Ago
poper's Avatar
poper poper is offline
dbw Pro Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mt Druitt West, used to live in Mt Druitt East, also lived in Mt Druitt North and South.
Posts: 5,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom68 View Post
Probably works when the brakes are virtually gravity bleeding and thread is wet enough for a partial seal.

Thread could be sealed, but then you could also just use it as a manual one way valve as it was intended.
good point, when I got my oneway valve, I replaced the tube with medical silicon tubing,that is some special tubing,no leaks at joints, not available for the common man..maybe just too expensive.[absolute positive seal is need when using a oneway valve or any other method, maybe that's where the problems arise ]
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12 Hours Ago
Tom68's Avatar
Tom68 Tom68 is offline
dbw Pro Hero
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Melbournes North West Suburbs
Posts: 10,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by splints View Post
yep i can see that mate, funny thing is loads of people suggest to do it...
surely if it didnt work... it would get

I am gonna dump the whole lot in fluid per poper's suggestion and watch where bubbles appear....
everybody likes an easy way out, I don't know what type we're talking about here, if it's the nipple itself with a spring loaded tapered seat it's half a chance, if it's in line after the bleed nipple the thread tolerance could let you down in a hard to bleed situation.
__________________
.
Ignorance leads to confidence more often than knowledge does
.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12 Hours Ago
splints's Avatar
splints splints is online now
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Franga
Posts: 1,475
i think you are right tom..human instinct likes the easy way... i think the nipple itself is shagged so keeping it open doing the way way bleeder kit is next to useless....idea tho maybe some plumbers thread tape ? just to seal for the 10 or so pumps required? is that sti;; the easy way? well i do know... lol
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11 Hours Ago
Tom68's Avatar
Tom68 Tom68 is offline
dbw Pro Hero
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Melbournes North West Suburbs
Posts: 10,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by splints View Post
i think you are right tom..human instinct likes the easy way... i think the nipple itself is shagged so keeping it open doing the way way bleeder kit is next to useless....idea tho maybe some plumbers thread tape ? just to seal for the 10 or so pumps required? is that sti;; the easy way? well i do know... lol
Thread tape will help of course, teflons a good thread lube to.
__________________
.
Ignorance leads to confidence more often than knowledge does
.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bleeding ktm 450 front brakes?? cam01 KTM Forum 3 10-05-2013 12:45 AM
bleeding those #$% brakes!! thechickman General Bike Related Discussion 8 06-09-2010 08:44 AM
bleeding brakes bozza ktm450 KTM Forum 8 22-10-2008 05:59 PM
bleeding brakes jfk General Bike Related Discussion 1 13-06-2006 06:01 PM
Bleeding brakes tiny Yamaha Forum 6 17-09-2005 02:54 AM


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.