dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Ride Reports & Local Issues > Western Australia Ride Reports & Local Issues

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Cuffie's Avatar
Cuffie Cuffie is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Perth, WA
Posts: 1,167
B Class Rego

Anyone have any idea on how much B Class rego is in WA ? Previously Iíve paid around 80 dollars. Iím being told at DOT two figures now 400 plus and 380. For a sanctioned event only rego thatís excessive!! Vic rec rego is 80 bucks and you can trail ride with it
__________________
Current Rides

2017 Fx350 Husqvarna

2006 Ktm200Exc
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
big orse's Avatar
big orse big orse is offline
dbw Factory Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 985
B Class Rego

Hey cuffie, no one is really running it anymore over here. For our events now you can purchase a one event rego for $30-$40. Iím guessing it will be available for a4de in 2021 too.

Biggest problem with b class rego was paying the ridiculous stamp duty.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Cuffie's Avatar
Cuffie Cuffie is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Perth, WA
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by big orse View Post
Hey cuffie, no one is really running it anymore over here. For our events now you can purchase a one event rego for $30-$40. Iím guessing it will be available for a4de in 2021 too.

Biggest problem with b class rego was paying the ridiculous stamp duty.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Cheers Faz,

I was exempt from stamp duty as I previously paid it with my vic rec rego. I missed the permit cut off due to work issues by a couple of days so my only way to race this weekend was getting it B classed. Which at the time I was happy to do until they tried to hit me with a 400 plus rego for 12 months. All my 3 other b classed bikes were around 80 dollars for the 12 months rego previously. Iím just trying to find someone with current B class registration, to see what they are paying
__________________
Current Rides

2017 Fx350 Husqvarna

2006 Ktm200Exc
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
big orse's Avatar
big orse big orse is offline
dbw Factory Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 985
Oh spewing you missed the cut off. The last bike I did cost me about $350-$400 which was back in 2015


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Cuffie's Avatar
Cuffie Cuffie is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Perth, WA
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by big orse View Post
Oh spewing you missed the cut off. The last bike I did cost me about $350-$400 which was back in 2015


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yeah I was spewing but what can you do. Was that price including stamp duty ?
__________________
Current Rides

2017 Fx350 Husqvarna

2006 Ktm200Exc
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Phildo's Avatar
Phildo Phildo is offline
dbw Factory Pro
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Perth
Posts: 977
It's all about the insurance classification - that's where the money goes.

Check the rego paper, or log in to DOTDirect, check what insurance classification your bike has and compare that with other B-class bikes.

According to DOTDirect a B-class bike I had back in 2001 one had an insurance classification of 7A.

Annual insurance cost for 7A is currently $62.70, so that's what should be on your bike's registration.

https://www.transport.wa.gov.au/lice...-insurance.asp
(Click on Motor Injury Insurance (MII) fees)
__________________
2012 KTM250EXC-F
2008 Aprilia SXV550
2013 Husqvarna Nuda
Various unfinished projects

One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
big orse's Avatar
big orse big orse is offline
dbw Factory Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffie View Post
Yeah I was spewing but what can you do. Was that price including stamp duty ?


Yeah pretty sure it was.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Cuffie's Avatar
Cuffie Cuffie is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Perth, WA
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
It's all about the insurance classification - that's where the money goes.

Check the rego paper, or log in to DOTDirect, check what insurance classification your bike has and compare that with other B-class bikes.

According to DOTDirect a B-class bike I had back in 2001 one had an insurance classification of 7A.

Annual insurance cost for 7A is currently $62.70, so that's what should be on your bike's registration.

https://www.transport.wa.gov.au/lice...-insurance.asp
(Click on Motor Injury Insurance (MII) fees)
Thanks Phildo, They were spruking the insurance classification as the reason there was an increase over the last 4 years. And to be honest I was wondering why there was insurance on the rego at all. It would be null and void if something happened during an event anyhow. Quite you would be doubling up with rego insurance and Ma race lic. insurance too. Great stuff
__________________
Current Rides

2017 Fx350 Husqvarna

2006 Ktm200Exc
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Possible class changes 2015 slideshowbob VORC - Yamaha Vic Offroad Series 2 29-07-2014 11:02 PM
rec rego kits and rec rego cost's Ttoks General Bike Related Discussion 12 11-01-2014 09:50 PM
Fully rego'd vs B class hindenburg KTM Forum 6 12-07-2010 08:22 PM
Whats the difference between Rec Rego & NSW bike Rego Shiremark General Bike Related Discussion 9 17-11-2009 02:14 PM
Which Class? fletch54 Competition & Racing 3 13-07-2009 12:53 PM


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 07:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.