dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > The Workshop > Project Bikes

Project Bikes Proudly Sponsored by: www.twostrokeperformance.com.au

Old 27-07-2017
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMXhammy View Post
Keep persevering with it

The brakes on my daughters 08 WR125 were every bit as good as the Nissins on my 09 Gasser (with a braided line), and better than the YZ125

That was until she cartwheeled it into a creek which I assume allowed some air to be trapped somewhere ....anyhow, I know they're capable of being very good
I think it's ok! but I'll know more once I take it for a ride. If it doesn't feel quite right I'll push some more fluid through it.
Old 28-07-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
MXstore stuffed me on the counter shaft sprocket though. Asked them a few times to confirm fitment, yes yes yes. Asked them to physically confirm the spline cutout for me. Sent it anyway after assuring me it was correct, even after stating many times I'm near certain it's not. It arrived.. wrong part. Be another week or so before the sprocket arrives.
You stubborn mofo I told you to get one through gearfactor!!! I went through the exact same scenario with them but Donna sorted it out after I educated her somewhat on the fine Italian machines & JT's shite catalogue/part numbers. Cheaper through gearfactor too!
Old 28-07-2017
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawbagga View Post
You stubborn mofo I told you to get one through gearfactor!!! I went through the exact same scenario with them but Donna sorted it out after I educated her somewhat on the fine Italian machines & JT's shite catalogue/part numbers. Cheaper through gearfactor too!
I know. I just really like the Talons. Have had good runs out of them on the gasser. Cost a bit more, but that's OK!

In the meantime I've ordered a Supersprox locally along with the clutch cable.. Should have the final bits in a couple of days.
Old 28-07-2017
dbw Pro Addict

Answering more of my own questions.

Appears I can't just buy a dust boot for the front master cylinder, but I have found the correct part numbers and crossover info.

Husqvarna part: 8000A9350
Ktm part: 54813008200
All balls: 18-1024

Crossover model for reference is 06-08 Ktm 125 (among others), 10mm piston. Can be had after market for $25-30. I'll just grab the full kit and use what I need out of it.
Old 31-07-2017
dbw Pro Addict

Northern Performance delivered the goods with a 13T front sprocket and replacement clutch cable. Special mates service delivered to the door!

Master link for the chain arrived today too.

As per previous posts. Brakes bled up nicely. Grips installed.

Just need to sort the dust boot for the front brake. Will do that tomorrow morning, or at least order the piston kit for it tomorrow.

Then test ride, tuning, and last but not least, some fresh rubber once I have her dialled in.

Then to decide her fate.

Also, anyone have a standard case saver guard? or know of any reasonable after market options? Had a quick search but doesn't turn much up.
Old 31-07-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Mine's a BMP(Bill's Motorcycles Plus) case saver that they did a run of in anodised red. Was only $30 but same again in postage. Maybe see if they've got any left? Otherwise the stock case saver is just a thin bit of steel(in case saver shape) with plastic sprocket cover that bolts over the top. Useless really. Might be best to make your own?
Old 31-07-2017
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Mine's a BMP(Bill's Motorcycles Plus) case saver that they did a run of in anodised red. Was only $30 but same again in postage. Maybe see if they've got any left? Otherwise the stock case saver is just a thin bit of steel(in case saver shape) with plastic sprocket cover that bolts over the top. Useless really. Might be best to make your own?
Found a red BMP on ebay earlier today.. prices were similar. I wonder if anyone over there would purchase for me and snail mail it to Aus.. there's a thought.

Have you got your old stocker you'd be willing to part with?

Last edited by Jakobi; 31-07-2017 at 08:23 PM.
Old 31-07-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Nah I actually left the oem steel one underneath the ally one to make it thicker/more strength
Old 31-07-2017
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Nah I actually left the oem steel one underneath the ally one to make it thicker/more strength
You're a thinker!!

I'd have been happy with a flimsy one, but been through the box of bits and she's missing in action!
Old 31-07-2017
dbw Pro Legend

I'll post the stocker over or the BMP one(one or the other so can leave one on) & run plastic sprocket cover if you want it to fab one up. From memory there's no recesses or anything it's just a straight forward chunk of ally