dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Off Track Talk

Off Track Talk Off Topic Stuff, Bench Racing and Other Topics - keep them clean!!!
Proudly Sponsored by www.torpedo7.com.au

Old 13-02-2019
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
I find this approach works.

Look around at what other similar bikes are going for and advertise $500 or more lower. You may need to come down again during phone negotiations so you end up selling the bike between $700 - $1000 below what others are advertised for (notice I said advertised for, not sold for).

Typically this approach results in a fast and easy sale, the few hundred bucks you miss out on the sale price is easily accounted for by not wasting a shit load of your own time.
Yep. This works for me. It amazes me how many bikes sit for months and months.
Old 13-02-2019
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
I find this approach works.

Look around at what other similar bikes are going for and advertise $500 or more lower. You may need to come down again during phone negotiations so you end up selling the bike between $700 - $1000 below what others are advertised for (notice I said advertised for, not sold for).

Typically this approach results in a fast and easy sale, the few hundred bucks you miss out on the sale price is easily accounted for by not wasting a shit load of your own time.
I do the same.

You look at all the bikes for sale on Bikesales and for most of them the pricing is just ridiculous as everyone lists them for more than what they will take to allow for some haggling.

I cant be bothered with any of that, i just look at all the other prices and list mine for a fair but realistic price (usually $700-$1k lower than most) and the bikes are usually gone within a week or two.

When old mate turns up to look at it i just say thats the price, no negotiating thats why its cheaper, and the deal is usually done.

Bikesales is by far the best way of selling i reckon, you still get your time wasters/scammers but no where near what you get on Scumtree.