dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Ride Reports & Local Issues > Queensland Ride Reports & Local Issues

Old 09-12-2017
DBW Dweller

Murphy's Creek

We got a group together to go for a ride last Sunday to the TMCC at Murphy's Creek. We've been down there plenty of times and really enjoy it. There had been a bit of rain through the week and about another 20mls the night before. We were surprised that the grounds were open after the rain This was pretty lucky as we met 2 other guys that had driven from Goondiwindi just for the day.

I haven't been riding in a lot of mud before so this was a new one. We tried going on one of the loops to start with, but decided to head back once we got the real start of the loop. It was hard enough getting traction on the flat fire road to the start. We had much better luck on the other side of the grounds and did a couple loops that weren't as slippery.

We ended up staying for a couple hours, mainly doing the one loop. It was good fun riding in the mud. As always seems to happen to me, I dropped it a couple hundred metres from the end of the loop and ended up breaking the clutch hose off the lever. Luckily it was all easy back to the camp grounds. Still had to ride the bike up the range back home, fortunately I didn't have to stop until I got home.

Took 2 hours to clean the mud off though. I don't know how you guys do that every weekend if you're racing, hats off to you.