dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Off Track Talk

Off Track Talk Off Topic Stuff, Bench Racing and Other Topics - keep them clean!!!
Proudly Sponsored by www.torpedo7.com.au

Old 5 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnlow View Post
Hi Rob, I wanted to ask why? Is there an imbalance between the assets and wealth one partner has compared to the other? Or are you both in a similar position and want to acknowledge and protect what each of you already has ?

Is there some other reason I have missed? If I am being too nosy just tell me it's none of my business.

Sounds like most posting here have already done the married and children thing. Anyone reading without kids wondering if they made the right decisions along the way?
I try to embrace a philosophy in life where I'd much rather regret trying something than not. There is one big exception to this, children. I have known for as long as I can remember that children weren't for me, and at the age of 43 I certainly have no regrets re children. Thankfully I am happily married to a like minded woman.

As far as wealth imbalance goes, I came to this relationship with far less than my wife. In the early years I was very reluctant to enjoy the benefits of money that I didn't earn, but after 2-3 years she made it very clear to me that by not letting her bring her resources to our collective effort that she wasn't enjoying the lifestyle that she wanted. Theres no pre nups or legal hoo ha between us, just trust. She reckons the fact that I was making far more effort to protect her interests than she was, was all the protection that she needed.
Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Pro

"Thankfully I am happily married to a like minded woman."

"Theres no pre nups or legal hoo ha between us,just trust. She reckons the fact that I was making far more effort to protect her interests than she was, was all the protection that she needed."

And these are the main things that you need to make it work
Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Pro Hero

Hang on a minute

You're talking about having to feed yourself three times a day, do your own washing an ironing, going to the supermarket, paying all your bills, opening all the mail, cleaning the shower, bugger that.

Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom68 View Post
You're talking about having to feed yourself three times a day, do your own washing an ironing, going to the supermarket, paying all your bills, opening all the mail, cleaning the shower, bugger that.

is that Donna Reed ?
Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Pro Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk View Post
is that Donna Reed ?
Dunno, just punched in stepford wives.
Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Pro

I believe it's all a question of commitment, or at least a big part of it is. When I got married I was 29 and had decided that I wanted to spend my life with a partner. I took my vows and that's it.
Alright, our relationship has changed over the years and I am NOT in love, not the same kind of love anyway, as I was 25 years ago.
But I also do not want to start over again or quit what we have worked hard for to achieve.
I believe only very few people are made to be able to live life on their own.
I one chooses to do so embrace it, or make the commitment to the person of your choosing and start the hard work and compromises that it really is.
Old 4 Days Ago
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyrat View Post
...I believe only very few people are made to be able to live life on their own...
DR, that's certainly wrong IMO. Whilst we are social animals, psychologically tuned to live together, we're completely ABLE to live alone.

My village life means I'm never alone unless I choose to be. When first I moved here three plus years ago I was down the club discussing living alone with a few friends. A lovely lady reached over and rubbed my leg and said "Pete, you never need to be alone in Greenwell Point"
Old 3 Days Ago
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasmaniacs View Post
If there is a magic bullet to make sure I stay happily married i'd be keen to hear about it.
Mutual spite and stubbornness. Neither of you is willing to leave and let the other one be happy, neither of you is willing to go backwards financially with a split! At least thats the running joke between my wife and I.

Back on topic;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
I'm never alone unless I choose to be.
TRUTH. I'm a big believer in we have a choice in everything. Life is what you make it fellas.
Old 3 Days Ago
DBW Pro Champion Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
DR, that's certainly wrong IMO. Whilst we are social animals, psychologically tuned to live together, we're completely ABLE to live alone.

My village life means I'm never alone unless I choose to be. When first I moved here three plus years ago I was down the club discussing living alone with a few friends. A lovely lady reached over and rubbed my leg and said "Pete, you never need to be alone in Greenwell Point"
Say hi to my mum for me Nutty
Old 3 Days Ago
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl360 View Post
Say hi to my mum for me Nutty
I did that for you Al. She just waved back.

Apparently it's rude to talk with your mouth full and she had her dentures out...