dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

I've ridden both and preferred the Husky. They are both 250 4 Strokes and are very similar in power delivery. I like the Husky ergos and feel better and wasn't amazed by the Yamaha KYB suspension like everyone else.

As far as I know the forks on the Husky were standard and performed well enough for me and the owner who has raced MX and Enduro most of his life.

My 17 TE300 forks weren't terrible but I had the Kreft kit installed by David at Suspension Matters and I'm very happy with them. I think the pre-load adjusters are a waste of time and leave them on the lowest setting. The entire Kreft kit was less than $1000 and David can do a revalve and add a base valve for less again.

I really would suggest trying to get a ride on the different bikes as there maybe something you can't live with on any one of them.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigy View Post
I've ridden both and preferred the Husky. They are both 250 4 Strokes and are very similar in power delivery. I like the Husky ergos and feel better and wasn't amazed by the Yamaha KYB suspension like everyone else.

As far as I know the forks on the Husky were standard and performed well enough for me and the owner who has raced MX and Enduro most of his life.

My 17 TE300 forks weren't terrible but I had the Kreft kit installed by David at Suspension Matters and I'm very happy with them. I think the pre-load adjusters are a waste of time and leave them on the lowest setting. The entire Kreft kit was less than $1000 and David can do a revalve and add a base valve for less again.

I really would suggest trying to get a ride on the different bikes as there maybe something you can't live with on any one of them.

Thanks Craigy. Appreciate your feedback. I have ridden many different bikes fortunately but yet to ride a new Husky or KTM. I'll certainly jump at the chance if it comes up. I do like the fact that with the WR or Sherco I don't have to spend extra coin on them from stock.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRFinn View Post
Thanks Craigy. Appreciate your feedback. I have ridden many different bikes fortunately but yet to ride a new Husky or KTM. I'll certainly jump at the chance if it comes up. I do like the fact that with the WR or Sherco I don't have to spend extra coin on them from stock.
Donít the shercoís run WP explore, unless you fork out for the factory model with KYB. If you donít like the husky explores you wonít like the sherco forks unless they are vastly different
Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
Donít the shercoís run WP explore, unless you fork out for the factory model with KYB. If you donít like the husky explores you wonít like the sherco forks unless they are vastly different
Yeah the Sherco explorer forks are different.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRFinn View Post
Yeah the Sherco explorer forks are different.
Interesting
Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Its a shame, if ktm and Husky didn't have such shit suspension no other off road bike in the world would even come close.
Most everyday punters don't feel like throwing huge money at them to make them the best off road bike in the world.
Few years ago I did a Chris Birch course, he had given up racing then and told me if I wanted his suspension it would cost $20,000 !!!
Could never figure that out.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk