dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > The Workshop > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Proudly Sponsored by Mainjet Motorcycles

Old 04-08-2018
dbw Pro

Neck Suzuki Needle

With the neck needles is the neck a fatter diameter needle and the tapers etc are the same as the necj.

Sent from my SM-P605 using dirtbikeworld mobile app
Old 04-08-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh26 View Post
With the neck needles is the neck a fatter diameter needle and the tapers etc are the same as the necj.

Sent from my SM-P605 using dirtbikeworld mobile app
leaner dia
W is next dia richer than J
tapers are the same if they are C
Old 05-08-2018
dbw Pro

Thanks ggg, so am I correct in assuming the first letter (n) indicates needle series, the second last letter indicates taper with (c) being half a clip leaner then the corresponding (d) and the last letter indicates needle diameter with (L) being the leanest and (F) being the richest, what does the second letter (e) represent.
Old 08-08-2018
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh26 View Post
Thanks ggg, so am I correct in assuming the first letter (n) indicates needle series, the second last letter indicates taper with (c) being half a clip leaner then the corresponding (d) and the last letter indicates needle diameter with (L) being the leanest and (F) being the richest, what does the second letter (e) represent.
Not quite. There is a sticky thread over on KTM talk which explains needle codes in detail. Look under Jetting and Fuel Injection.

For Keihin needles
- Fourth letter is the straight diameter. Generally 0-1/4 throttle
- Third letter is the location of the taper in relation to the clip groove. This is why you will see people say NEDJ clip #3 is the same as NECJ Clip #3.5. Unlike the fourth letter, this is often set by the specific needle manufacturer and may have no relevance to another manufacturer's letter
- The second is another manufacturer code that often refers to the taper. That being the profile as well as double or triple taper. Again no consistency across different manufacturers
- N is just what it is made of. In this instance, hard plated aluminium.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-08-2018
dbw Pro

Thanks Brett, yeh that does help Ive never really worried to much about the codes, I just measured the needles amongst what I had in the shed.

But since Ive given all my spare neddles out, I thought id start paying attention to codes, in an effort to order the correct needle.

I'm currently running an necj, that is good exept for a burble at the transition at around 1/4 throttle, so I guess neck will be a leaner diameter there, but wasnt sure if the taper was the same.

Sent from my SM-G900I using dirtbikeworld mobile app