dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Organise a Ride for Yourself. > Victoria Rides

Victoria Rides Proudly sponsored by www.mototrailsoz.com.au

Old 08-03-2017
dbw Pro

Exclamation A reminder to take your rubbish with you - or areas will be closed to us all

Guys n gals.
I haven't posted on here for a long time, but am still about. Doing more pedalling than roosting these days but still have the CRF. We ended up buying some dirt down near Anglesea. Which brings me to the point of the post.

A local facebook group has been commenting that there seems to be a trend of dirt bike riders who meet up/camp near the proving ground (specifically the campground on Tanners Rd) leaving behind a mess. Bags of rubbish, shit everywhere. Now I know that it wouldn't be the fine folks on here, I'm not suggesting that, but pls be aware to remind your riding buddies and anyone you see out and about that this is the sort of stuff that gets riding areas closed down for us all.

Take your rubbish with you and clean up after you. Leave it as you found it. Its pretty simple.

I visit that location at least once a week on the mtb and I'm doing my best in this instance to stop it escalating to council (there are people including councilors who live very near to that campground), so pls be mindful of our collective reputation. It doesn't take much for all of us to get tarred with same brush from the actions of a minority.
Old 12-04-2017
DBW Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicko View Post
Guys n gals.
I haven't posted on here for a long time, but am still about. Doing more pedalling than roosting these days but still have the CRF. We ended up buying some dirt down near Anglesea. Which brings me to the point of the post.

A local facebook group has been commenting that there seems to be a trend of dirt bike riders who meet up/camp near the proving ground (specifically the campground on Tanners Rd) leaving behind a mess. Bags of rubbish, shit everywhere. Now I know that it wouldn't be the fine folks on here, I'm not suggesting that, but pls be aware to remind your riding buddies and anyone you see out and about that this is the sort of stuff that gets riding areas closed down for us all.

Take your rubbish with you and clean up after you. Leave it as you found it. Its pretty simple.

I visit that location at least once a week on the mtb and I'm doing my best in this instance to stop it escalating to council (there are people including councilors who live very near to that campground), so pls be mindful of our collective reputation. It doesn't take much for all of us to get tarred with same brush from the actions of a minority.
You will find that the same area is used by travelers how camp vans/cars have witnessed them leave there damaged tent or chairs behind.
Old 12-04-2017
dbw Pro Legend

A mate and I took two large bags of rubbish out of tallaganda last weekend, gives us all the shits. It looked like junkies had been camped there but it is a spot used by riders often and we didn't want the back lash.

The Rock Garden
The Jetting Test
The Sand Whoops
Old 12-04-2017
dbw Factory Pro

Sometimes it's bike riders, seen tubes littered a lot as well as oil bottles, plastics etc. We are constantly picking up after scumbags. Really shits me to the point that I hate bike riders as well..... once I hang my boots up.