dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Videos including Helmet Cam footage

Videos including Helmet Cam footage Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.penriteoil.com.au

Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Pro

top effort !!!

At whet point did Jake leave you or was it your game plan to ride at your own pace from the start?
Im guessing that he was leaving as you got to Mt Dare or did he just pull away later in the day?

Thanks for going to the effort of recording ,editing and sharing it takes commitment to get that far we all just dream it you guys do it!

was the pub still open and a welcoming committee?
Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by havin' fun View Post
top effort !!!

At whet point did Jake leave you or was it your game plan to ride at your own pace from the start?

Im guessing that he was leaving as you got to Mt Dare or did he just pull away later in the day?

Thanks for going to the effort of recording ,editing and sharing it takes commitment to get that far we all just dream it you guys do it!

was the pub still open and a welcoming committee?

It was our game plan right from the start to ride our own ride. Jake had organised the trip and he is the more experienced faster rider so we had just agreed to ride our own pace. We rode side by side the 35 kms from Birdsville to big red then separated. I caught him at poepellís corner because he stopped to refuel his bike. Then I met him at mt dare as he was packing his bike ready for the return trip. I think the pub was still open when he got back and his dad and my dad and a few others were there waiting for him. But by the time I got back 3 hrs later everyone had gotten too tired and had gone to bed. I donít blame them. Just dad was waiting for me.

No worries. I enjoyed filming and sharing it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar1990 View Post
Awesome mate. Did you stay at mt dare and come back the next day?

I had a 20l tank and a 10l bladder. I used 28 litres each way. I used to have a drz 400. Good bike. The fuel economy of the 450/500 is awesome though and hard to beat. Makes these sorta trips a lot easier not having to carry as much fuel.

Thanks mate. Awesome. We camped on the western side of the desert and there was another camp at the half way point. We took our time on the way back.
Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Rooster View Post
Thanks mate. Awesome. We camped on the western side of the desert and there was another camp at the half way point. We took our time on the way back.

Sounds good. Iíd love to go back one day and take a bit more time to look around. The 200kms from Birdsville heading west Iíve only ridden at night. Itíd be nice to see it in daylight one time.