dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Off Track Talk

Off Track Talk Off Topic Stuff, Bench Racing and Other Topics - keep them clean!!!
Proudly Sponsored by www.torpedo7.com.au

Old 12-01-2019
DBW Pro Champion Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8 View Post
My comment was mostly tongue in cheek, maybe partly influenced by my dealing with Telstra people at many levels going back many years. No offence intended.

But next time you're at a Telstra love in/group hug can you ask the experts to make their coverage map as user friendly as the Optus one, but without the need to input an IMEI
All cool, was just trying to head off the tin foil hat wearers in advance.

Interesting thing I've noticed a few times lately is some areas will have 4GX & 3G coverage but no 4G, so ensuring you have the right phone is vital.

I've never input my IMEI on the website I previously attached the URL for

I'm a bottom rung executive in the T, people like me don't get invites for love-in's or group hugs particularly when your a regional hill billy. Mostly just forgotten about until the 11th hour
Old 12-01-2019
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl360 View Post

I've never input my IMEI on the website I previously attached the URL for

-
I was referring to the Optus site requiring the IMEI of a non Optus supplied phone, I understand the reason for it but its a minor inconvenience. The coverage is overlayed on Google maps and zooms in a lot better than T's

"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical minority and promoted by mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 12-01-2019
DBW Pro Champion Breeder

Quote:
I was referring to the Optus site requiring the IMEI of a non Optus supplied phone, I understand the reason for it but its a minor inconvenience. The coverage is overlayed on Google maps and zooms in a lot better than T's
It has been asked repeatedly for a long period of time, to over lay on Google Maps but they would rather spend money on capacity & towers only.

Have you ever seen a mobile engineer's car when they are doing testing? Don't bother trying to climb into the passenger seat unless your a 5 foot tall stick figure
Old 14-01-2019
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl360 View Post
Have you ever seen a mobile engineer's car when they are doing testing? Don't bother trying to climb into the passenger seat unless your a 5 foot tall stick figure
I'm an old Radio Comms engineer, I've seen most things. I once did some work with a French company and they had a Cruiser with the passengers seat removed and a full blown 19" rack mounted in its place. One bloke drove and the other sat in the back and operated the equipment. It was the tidiest and most professional setup I've seen, usually we just had shit wherever it would fit.

"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical minority and promoted by mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 14-01-2019
DBW Pro Champion Breeder

Quote:
I'm an old Radio Comms engineer, I've seen most things. I once did some work with a French company and they had a Cruiser with the passengers seat removed and a full blown 19" rack mounted in its place. One bloke drove and the other sat in the back and operated the equipment. It was the tidiest and most professional setup I've seen, usually we just had shit wherever it would fit.
The 5G test vehicle is a Toyota Tarago with a server cabinet in the middle row.