dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete40 View Post
Maybe they just don't know the cause yet? They are Italian you know.
unfortunately you might be right there, pete.

like any brand KTM had made some pretty major mistakes over the years but in typical austrian fashion they usually work out what the problem is, issue a service bulletin to their distributors/dealers and maybe a recall if that works out cheaper than the potential cost of being sued.

but the kind of messages i'm hearing suggest head office either don't know what the problem is, or they aren't telling their distributors.

it's great to see beta USA is stepping up and fixing bikes out of warranty, and trying to work out what the exact problem is. hopefully the same will happen here and in other countries too, but ideally the factory should be doing everything possible to sort this out... and it doesn't look as though they are to date.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Hero

I heard a story from a mate who had a Beta oil injection set up go wrong out of warranty and did the bottom end. The dealer ended up paying for parts and the owner paid for labour. Not bad considering it was out of warranty but apparently another known issue with the Italian stallions.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete40 View Post
I heard a story from a mate who had a Beta oil injection set up go wrong out of warranty and did the bottom end. The dealer ended up paying for parts and the owner paid for labour. Not bad considering it was out of warranty but apparently another known issue with the Italian stallions.
Do you know if it was a 2015 Xtrainer? That was the very first oil injection system and quite a few bikes did seize. But apparently it got sorted after that and it just runs rich now if something buggers up.

Although a few guys have lad the little plastic feeder tube come off or melt against the exhaust pipe. In the known issues vid I advised guys to ziptie that tube firmly and make sure it's nowhere near the exhaust.
Old 3 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Last time I rode with 77 year old Paul Rodden he said get on with ridin' or get on with dyin'. And then proceeded to run me ragged as I tried to keep up with him through some tight single track.

I dedicate this vid to him. And yes he's still around and will kick my sorry arse in Canada in a few months time.

Old 3 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bergman View Post
Last time I rode with 77 year old Paul Rodden he said get on with ridin' or get on with dyin'. And then proceeded to run me ragged as I tried to keep up with him through some tight single track.*

I dedicate this vid to him. And yes he's still around and will kick my sorry arse in Canada in a few months time.*

Deeeep maaaan. Heís dead set right though. A couple of close friends have died recently, both suddenly. Itís made me make an extra effort to do stuff and ride more as you never know whatís around the corner ⏰⚰️