dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Off Track Talk

Off Track Talk Off Topic Stuff, Bench Racing and Other Topics - keep them clean!!!
Proudly Sponsored by www.torpedo7.com.au

Old 21-03-2007
dbw's Founder

Bronte Holland Fund Raiser

Fundraiser details as below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BRONT ALL TOWNS.jpg (63.2 KB, 225 views)
Old 21-03-2007
dbw Factory Pro

Thanks drew.
If any body want any info on this day just ask and I will try to help you out. I can tell you that all the bands, the lighting and sound, kids entertainment, all the people running the show are all doing it for free and the food and drinks have been donated or sold to them at cost so all the money will go to the Hollands and they need it at the moment.
I also have tickets if any body wants some.
KTM65SX 17
CRF50 16
Z50RC 82.
Old 21-03-2007
dbw Pro Champion

We cant go being so far away but is there anywhere we can donate some money to? They will need all the help they can get, its gonna be a long road for them and Bronte with his recovery and Id like to help.
Old 21-03-2007
dbw Factory Pro

Hi MissyC
Yes there is a Account set up at the Commonwealth bank, all you have to do is go into a branch and ask them to ring the Kaniva branch of the commonwealth bank and they'll sort it out for you. They are doing it this way because they are a bit worried about having there bank details displayed to everyone.
Thanks every bit counts you contribution will be greatly appreciated.
KTM65SX 17
CRF50 16
Z50RC 82.
Old 04-06-2009
dbw Pro Legend

Hmmm, just saw this on Fullnoise and was posted by a close friend of his, a very sad day. I used to talk to him on msn messenger just about motocross and his injurys and he always had the time to talk to me, im glad i had met him. the guy had certainly had a rough ride, but he is at rest now with his good mate johno porter. RIP Bronte Holland...what a good guy.

" OK this is pretty hard but I will try.

Bronte Holland is on life support with no chance of coming off it from what I am told, his friends are by his side and he is expected to be taken off life support soon, he may have been already. I would like to leave this post longer to find out more but I can't now.

At this stage we have no facts so are not going to speculate exactly what happened. I will find out the facts and let you all know when the time is right. For now though we it looks like have all lost a friend and we should all sit back and value our memories of him and spare a thought for his family and friends.

There are people on his forum that are like brothers to Bronte and I am sure they will say more in time.

We will all miss you.

PS: A Lot of you will have Bronte on face book and a people are starting to pay their respects there as well if you want to. AS I run his website I will talk to his family in the coming days to see what to with that. "

Old 05-06-2009
dbw Pro Champion

RIP Bronte

From me (Steve) and on behalf of Jason and Karen, cause they would post here if they could

My condolences to the Holland Family
Old 05-06-2009
dbw Pro Champion

From Fullnoise

"Pro Motocross rider Bronte Holland has passed away early this morning, 5-Jun, after suffering a stroke and heart attack yesterday.

21-year-old Holland followed his dreams of becoming one of Australia's fastest motocross riders from an early age.

Bronte and his family clocked up many miles hitting the motocross circuit Australia wide in the early days where Bronte began to pack away State and National titles.

At 16 Bronte left his hometown of Kaniva, in the Malle district of Victoria, and moved to Bendigo where as a new Honda Junior Racing team recruit he worked hard with his mechanic Bill Edwards.

As he moved into the senior's Bronte set the motocross seen alight with his larger than life personality and spectacular riding style. On the track Bronte made the podium in his first Supercross race but the place was taken off him due to a race stoppage.

He then went on to be a regular top ten contender until injuries forced him out of the 2004 season.

Bronte struggled with injuries in the following season but hit his straps in 2006 when he secured a semi factory ride with Jeff Leisk and Team Motorex KTM. A highlight and also a low light was his win on the track at the second round of the Australian Supercross Championship in Perth. The win was taken off him after the race though due to a technicality. Once again he was hit by injury and bad luck but still finished the Supercross season in an impressive 4th overall.

2007 looked to be the 'Hurricane Holland' year after signing a deal with the newly formed Team 7 Yamaha outfit. The opening round of the 2007 Supercross season was one that saw Bronte hit his straps, he blitzed the Adelaide track at the opening round and always looked to be one of the fastest and most spectacular out there. Although his result on paper didn't show it after the round he was one of the red hot favorites for the number 1 plate.

Four days later, Feb-13, tragedy struck when Bronte crashed whilst practicing and broke his C7 neck bone and was left a paraplegic.

Since that day Bronte worked every day as hard as anyone could at his rehabilitation and was eventually able to stand with the aid of a walking frame. He had also started a career in the media becoming the Assistant Editor for Stroke Magazine as well as developing his 711 coaching clinics.

It is know that Bronte suffered some serious blood pressure problems and they are beloved to be what lead to the fatal Stroke.

Bronte was surrounded by his family and his best mates when he passed away.

All of us would like to offer our sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Funeral details will be announced shortly.

BRONTE HOLLAND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2000- 1st A grade 80cc Vic State Title, 3rd S.A 80cc State Title

2001- 3rd Australian 80cc Title and Picking up Honda Racing Australia's 125cc HRA ride!

2002- 3rd Australian 125cc Title, 1st Vic State MX and SX Title

2003- 3rd Australian 125cc Title, 1st Vic State MX and SX Title second rider ever to go back to back 125cc A grade VIC State Titles, 2nd in Roost Rookies was leading up until last round but couldn't go due to State Titles and ADBs Most Improved Rider!

2004- 2nd in first ever Senior Race in SEL SX series to have it taken away days later!

2005- 3rd at Wollongong Rd 5 Supercross Masters, 9th in series!

2006- 2nd Rd 2 of Supercross Masters also Won but had it taken away Robbed, 4th Over all in Supercross Masters, 5th at Rd 3 of Mr Motocross at Wonthaggi was running 4th overall got injured out for series.

2007- Getting Team 7 Yamaha ride and Standing for the first time after breaking his neck in Feb 2007 and doctors saying he would never stand, walk even get out of bed by himself done it all within the first year except walked unassisted in everyday living."
Old 05-06-2009
dbw Pro Champion

RIP Bronte. A great rider and a young life gone too soon. You will be sadly missed. Condolences to his family, Grady and friends.
Casey, Mark, Oscar and Lewis.
Old 05-06-2009
dbw Pro Addict

Rest in peice Bronte. Condolences to his family and friends.

White 2011 KTM300EXC 2 smoker
Black 2009 KTM400EXC 4 banger

2013 Yamaha Peewee 50 pocket rocket!
2x 1984 Honda CR80R's restoration project bikes!!

I ride like a girl!

TAHCA Member- Tight Arse High Country Adventures.
Old 05-06-2009
dbw Pro Champion

Shit. Very sobering. RIP fella, you were indeed a champ.

Condolences to his friends and family.