dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Ride Reports & Local Issues > New South Wales Ride Reports & Local Issues

New South Wales Ride Reports & Local Issues Proudly Sponsored by www.01moto.com.au Beta Sydney

Old 19-05-2008
dbw Pro

Milton to Nelligen

The day started out rather cold meeting so meeting at the tea rooms at 9am wasnt such a bad thing. On arrival I saw Rocketrod and Andrew gearing up and too my surprise they were riding with us. The day started out with some great used single line heading over to the upside down bridge. We then crossed the creek and headed up into some great single line before heading upto the trig station. We then continued towards Nelligen when Rocketrod struck trouble. His rear brake was leaking fluid which meant it was hard to pull up. We sent Rocketrod along the River Road to Nelligen where we were going to meet him for lunch. The 4 of us remaining then decided to continue to Neligen on some great single line. Guys some of the single line trails down around Nelligen need some riding to keep them open. We then headed to Nelligen where we had lunch and meat back up with Rocketrod. Whilst we were at lunch we saw some great wheel stands from some unregistered bikes (8 in total) from Ulladulla across the bridge. Looked good but remember these guys make it difficult for the rest of us. After lunch we headed back along the River Rd along some great single line. I was looking for Shreks secret single line trail but was unable to find it. I was able to ride the single line which go's up and down the side of the mountain all the way to Black Rock Rd then follow the gas/telstra line alittle further down before getting back on some good old unused single line to Drurys Rd before heading to Shallow Crossing. Shrek am I looking forward to your South Coast Ride so i can finally peace all the single line together because not for life of me could I find any more single line. If you match all the single line up in that area there is probably 70km's of it but not 100 so Im looking forward to it. Anyway from Shallow Crossing on we rode on some more single line before Rocketrod's cramp got too bad and had to head back to the car. The 4 of us remaining then took some quick single line trails back to the car. It was about 10k's from the car and at the Electrical Station off Old Coach Rd when Andrew decided to take a dive. Andrew found out it's not a good idea to take a very steep rocky decent in 3rd gear. His front tyre miss judged a gap and hit a rock and he went straight over the back and down a 1mtr rockface hitting his head so hard he thought his head was coming out of the helmet. The header pipe on his bike flattened and wrapped around the frame like a hotdog in a roll. If anyone has a header pipe for a KTM 200 08 model for sale I am sure I could sell one for you. He got up feeling sore and sorry then headed back to the cars arriving there at 4.30pm. 165k's of great trails 90% single line made for some great riding and a great day. Looking forward to the next ride.
Old 19-05-2008
dbw Pro Champion

Where is the pics?
2. Only the depth that varies....see #1
Old 19-05-2008
Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch525 View Post
Shrek am I looking forward to your South Coast Ride so i can finally peace all the single line together because not for life of me could I find any more single line. If you match all the single line up in that area there is probably 70km's of it but not 100 so Im looking forward to it. .
Did I send you the details?

The 100kms of single track I talk about includes the stuff from East Lynne to S/C ......60kms of it is around S/C

165kms of single track!..............you are insane.
Old 19-05-2008
Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer456 View Post
Where is the pics?
Riding with Fletch you are lucky to have enough time to change gears let alone take pics.
Old 19-05-2008
dbw Pro

Now now I have been taking photos lately but not on this ride. I left my camera at home. Ill try and get some photos off the great single line this weekend. We did manage a few k's of transport from the top of First try Rd to intersection of Backhouse and Clyde Ridge Rd (approx 7k's) normally ride some single line but saving fuel then from Drurys Rd to Curowan rd (Approx 5k's) then from the end of River Rd to Nelligen and back to The River Rd then about 2kms at the end of the ride. Anyway looking forward to Rutmans Farewell ride PLENTY OF SINGLE LINE and maybe a crack at Pork Chop depending on time. Will be going down again before then to make sure trails are clear.
Old 20-05-2008
dbw Pro Champion

Sounds like the shit mate!

Perhaps we can hit that single track that you reckon needs to be ridden on my farewell ride?

Shrek - can you link us up on this ride?
Old 20-05-2008
dbw Pro

Steve Ill try my best to make this ride your most memorable ride down there. I have been able to link up some great single line from 2k's south of Pork Chop Hill then alittle transport to Nelligen. Have lunch at Nelligen then its more great fast flowing single line trail from Nelligen towards East Lynn then onto Shallow Crossing. At any stage people can pull out onto a main rd (River Rd, Runnyford Rd, Quart Pot, Old Nelligen Rd, Power Lines, Sheep Track) etc if they feel tired. All going well we should arrive back at Shallow Crossing at approx 4pm. Some of the single line maybe a Grade 4 but most of it is fairly easy to ride just slow.
Im going down this Sunday to make sure all the trails are open. I should have a few pictures this weekend. You have a great ride in tally and I wish I could have made it to Canberra before you left. Nevermind have a great ride and looking forward to riding again with you in 2 weeks.
Old 20-05-2008
Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by RippinRutman View Post
Sounds like the shit mate!

Perhaps we can hit that single track that you reckon needs to be ridden on my farewell ride?

Shrek - can you link us up on this ride?
I hope so, I hope fletch has not ridden the shit I know, if that is the case...........FUUUUCKING BAAANG we'll have an awesome loop sussed out.