dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Ride Reports & Local Issues > ACT Ride Reports & Local Issues

ACT Ride Reports & Local Issues Ride reports from the ACT and surrounds

Old 11-06-2013
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azza88 View Post
I went with a Wiseco piston kit. What did you put in yours?
A Vertex. Ring end gap was about 0.5 mm. Very happy wiht that.
Old 11-06-2013
dbw Pro

Your a ***************************************************************swear ing*** stirrer Craig.

Back to the OP,

Your right Azza, Canberra riders seem to be a somewhat an antisocial mob when it comes to sharing the love, which is a shame. As Kimbo pointed out, we ride every Thursday just about. (except the past 10 or so weeks for me as I drunkenly fell out of a garden bed after having a wee and broke my hand) Used to post it up but rarely got any takers but slowly the group formed.

Might start posting Thursday rides again in the hope that someone slower than me will join in and make me feel better about myself, it gets lonely being sweep all the time for Kimbo, Tom and Pete.
Old 11-06-2013
dbw Pro

Really???? you can't say poo!
Old 11-06-2013
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adenco View Post
Your a ***************************************************************swear ing*** stirrer Craig.

Back to the OP,

Your right Azza, Canberra riders seem to be a somewhat an antisocial mob when it comes to sharing the love, which is a shame. As Kimbo pointed out, we ride every Thursday just about. (except the past 10 or so weeks for me as I drunkenly fell out of a garden bed after having a wee and broke my hand) Used to post it up but rarely got any takers but slowly the group formed.

Might start posting Thursday rides again in the hope that someone slower than me will join in and make me feel better about myself, it gets lonely being sweep all the time for Kimbo, Tom and Pete.
not stirring ***************************************************************swear ing*** just stating a FACT, and i am just as bad as i rarely post up rides here due to the same reason you stated above. IMO canberrans are to clicky on who they ride with so they stick to there own little group ( as i pointed out in azzas post ) and if your not in that circle then you miss out...the only type of ppl i dont like to ride with are ones that winge about it being to hard and want to call it quits, also dont like carpark heros either but they normally fall into the first category.
Old 11-06-2013
dbw Pro

I'm in Canberra, regularly ride, haven't done any DBW organised rides yet.

Between road racing, working at Wakefield park (plus normal everyday work lol), kids riding weekends and every day comittments etc my dirt riding is limited I still manage to get out a fair bit just not as much as I'd like and it varies from month to month.

Sometimes road racing taking a priority so I very occasionally count myself out on the harder rides (if I get invited) so I don't bust myself up a few days or a week out from a road race but otherwise happy to give the harder stuff a crack.

Have been doing alot of riding on the south coast with friends who happen to be on DBW so we don't really advertise when/where we are going for no other reason than it's usually last minute or have a large group already. Only reason I haven't gone on the occasional DBW ride I've seen is it has clashed with the kids/racing ;(

Previous: First that was 'my bike' Suzuki TS125 Ag Bike with dual range gearbox!; Dad's 1982 Husky WR125 to learn big bikes and he still has it!; 1990 something DT200R; 1987 GSXR750; 1996 GSXR750 (stunt bike); 2001 GSXR750 (track/stunt and road! abit of everything that bike); 2004 Husky TE250; 2005 GSXR1000 (PTR tuned ASBK spec race bike); 2008 GSXR600 (superstock race bike);

Sponsored by: RHOK (Racing Helmets Of Karbon); DataFlow Racing; Team Cunningstunts (one of the founding members); Mark Dykes Carpentry, Stunt'd PhotoGraphy

2014 FXRRC Pro Twins Champion
Old 11-06-2013
DBW Expert

The reason I've never gone on a DBW ride is coz the grading always spins me out And I don't wanna be the dickhead slowing everyone down.
Old 12-06-2013
DBW Clubman

Azza,

I have a small group to which I ride with,I dont ride Kowen as I am not a huge fan of ST,I am happy just riding grade 2.I have alot of respect for the grade 4/5 riders that spend time helping others, such as yourself, and like a previous reply,I also dont want to hold any one up as it woud be hard for you guys when your in the groove to keep stopping for not so fast riders,
that said, I will try and post rides, anyone is welcome as long as your happy with slow old men.

Thanks for generating this post

Harry
Old 12-06-2013
dbw Pro Addict

I've been much less active for a while now - operation kept me off the bikes for three weeks, then I busted my thumb and couldn't ride for eight weeks, then two weeks in Perf, a couple of days lost to sick kids... Damn, that's a big chunk of the year gone.

Plus I've been guilty of the "not posting up rides" thing - it's easier to ring a mate or two and say "are you up for a ride?" than post anything up...

So... We're looking at a G1.5 ride at the Cotter next weekend for a couple of newbie mates. Basically just riding the logging roads and maybe the link tracks some of the easier single if people are coping.
Anyone keen?
May end up with a G3 splinter group if I can swing it without getting divorced...
Old 12-06-2013
dbw Pro Addict

Organisin' rides?........

Aint nobody got time fo' dat.....
Old 12-06-2013
dbw Factory Pro

you best be finding some time cause its not far away now.