dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > KTM Forum

KTM Forum If it's Orange it's in here. Proudly sponsored by www.mainjet.com.au

Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete40 View Post
Where do you get to test these speeds? And do you use a GPS for speed determination?
i live in the country plenty of dirt roads and open spaces to test these speeds, i do not have a GPS all claims are based off speedo readings, same speedo more top speed with STIC, my mates speedo could read slightly different but he commented my bike now has a whole extra gear than his, 10kph extra speed in 5th gear is not BS its real, the performance increase is across the whole range it's just easier to see a performance gain when your speedo reads another 10kph, extra pull is hard to feel as i came off my 300 top end, it was only when i did a back to back with my mate 250 i really noticed how much more power its got and his is not a stock bike on paper with racing CDI and stock gearing it should have better acceleration than mine but not the case.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
DBW Clubman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggg View Post
the best thing is no down side to this mod it expensive $349 US and does not include the JD needle kit, but i am saving on fuel costs which i never expected.
Yeah, at $700AUD+ (once you include the JD kit) it's a big jump from my current tightarse mods which are limited to diy squish adjustment, Suzuki needle and 2nd hand powercore.

I like the idea of justifying it with fuel savings though. Good excuse to ride more and I'd be saving the world from climate change at the same time
Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggg View Post
i live in the country plenty of dirt roads and open spaces to test these speeds, i do not have a GPS all claims are based off speedo readings, same speedo more top speed with STIC, my mates speedo could read slightly different but he commented my bike now has a whole extra gear than his, 10kph extra speed in 5th gear is not BS its real, the performance increase is across the whole range it's just easier to see a performance gain when your speedo reads another 10kph, extra pull is hard to feel as i came off my 300 top end, it was only when i did a back to back with my mate 250 i really noticed how much more power its got and his is not a stock bike on paper with racing CDI and stock gearing it should have better acceleration than mine but not the case.
No worries, I was just curious, too many bends in my local forest to hold speeds over 100kmh for any amount of time. I watched the Tokyo Off-road vids a while back and it took him a while to get it right too. he has a vid where it does lug really well too.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 380EXCQLD View Post
Yeah, at $700AUD+ (once you include the JD kit) it's a big jump from my current tightarse mods which are limited to diy squish adjustment, Suzuki needle and 2nd hand powercore.

I like the idea of justifying it with fuel savings though. Good excuse to ride more and I'd be saving the world from climate change at the same time

funny i like it,
shaved stock head and suzuki needle are for sure the best cheap mods.