dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 11-05-2010
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobanger View Post
Patto65 Interesting what goes on up there ive been told theres a another airstrip up there,but be overgrown now.
cheers

You have probably ridden on it without knowing it. That dead straight section that now ends with a dam at the end of it. Located off the left hand side of sunnyside road only about 1km from where sunnyside road intersects with blackfellow hands rd.

Dont know much about its history in the war years but member Pounce (now in WA) mentioned in another thread that it was used by forestry for spraying the pines with crop dusters back in the 70's. His family lived at the newnes prison camp as his old man was one of the head honchos.
CLUB MUD #609
Old 11-05-2010
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb_250y View Post
Been in there, some of it you can ride right into the back of the base no fences We make a habit of staying away as there is heaps of excellent riding without that bit up there.

We saw some big mortar shells (empty) lying around.

One of the tracks, absolute snot if you were to ride it, ends up at the back of endless belt co? next door to the Army base. Then you ride up the gully around someones farmhouse & back onto the ridge following the powerlines
That sounds like the track i headed down and i did ride past some cylindrical "army green" things in a creek bed.

The track was just the kind of riding i like up there.Most of the known single is flogged out or rutted.
Old 11-05-2010
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly450 View Post
That sounds like the track i headed down and i did ride past some cylindrical "army green" things in a creek bed.

The track was just the kind of riding i like up there.Most of the known single is flogged out or rutted.
Whats your new toy Mick ???
Old 11-05-2010
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob64 View Post
Whats your new toy Mick ???
09 570 Berg yeeeee-ha

Who said too much power is bad.

This thing scares me stupid, I love it.

except for the suspension
Old 11-05-2010
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:

I'm thinking the track you found is good for 140k's + if it's the "type" of track you like Mick

Now's the time to start cutting in some new stuff after the back burning that was done a few weeks ago

In hindsight I should have known better and read the signs like "the speed in the carpark" and comments like "that was awesome" after the transport out to the single track.
Old 11-05-2010
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
09 570 Berg yeeeee-ha

Who said too much power is bad.

This thing scares me stupid, I love it.

except for the suspension
Nice one Mick, have been very keen to give one of those things a go. Does it handle better than the KTM and how is it through s/t corners??
Old 11-05-2010
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosey250F View Post
I'm thinking the track you found is good for 140k's + if it's the "type" of track you like Mick

Now's the time to start cutting in some new stuff after the back burning that was done a few weeks ago
Nah, it was all technical up and down, over logs, round rock faces kind of stuff. I will find out where it goes next time.

Lot of signs up there saying keep out or poss $2200 in fines.
Old 11-05-2010
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Nah, it was all technical up and down, over logs, round rock faces kind of stuff. I will find out where it goes next time.

Lot of signs up there saying keep out or poss $2200 in fines.
Yeh spotted one of those the other week, big price to ride some chopped out single but still pleanty of tracks that haven't been part of the back burning.

In hindsight I should have known better and read the signs like "the speed in the carpark" and comments like "that was awesome" after the transport out to the single track.
Old 11-05-2010
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob64 View Post
Nice one Mick, have been very keen to give one of those things a go. Does it handle better than the KTM and how is it through s/t corners??
First ride.
I loved it on the Power Line track and could hit anything at good pace with confidence.
On the single i am getting some small deflections of tree roots etc , but the rear pounded me a few times.
The front is still stock and i fitted a tapered spring to the shock.
Gonna talk to Terry soon.