dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Health, Well Being & Fitness

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Marty MOOSE Marty MOOSE is offline
dbw Factory Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Perth W.A
Posts: 955
Dislocated Clavicle (collar bone)

Anyone dislocated their clavicle (collar bone) on the neck side ? If so what treatment did you have and how is it now. Wish I had broken it not a nice injury.

MM
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Nutty's Avatar
Nutty Nutty is offline
The "One" and only
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 12,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty MOOSE View Post
Anyone dislocated their clavicle (collar bone) on the neck side ? If so what treatment did you have and how is it now. Wish I had broken it not a nice injury.

MM
Hurts huh? About 40 years ago playing footy. It healed fine, I recall I couldn't find a comfortable position. No oxy or endone back then. Is it still displaced or back in position? Separated ribs are even worse...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Marty MOOSE Marty MOOSE is offline
dbw Factory Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Perth W.A
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
Hurts huh? About 40 years ago playing footy. It healed fine, I recall I couldn't find a comfortable position. No oxy or endone back then. Is it still displaced or back in position? Separated ribs are even worse...
Yeh its back in taped in position. Hurt wise not to bad more annoying as it stabbed more in the throat. No where near as bad as broken ribs and torn intercostal's that sucks. So bored was starting to train for next season A4DE here next year Did I mention I was bored

MM
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
SuchisLife's Avatar
SuchisLife SuchisLife is offline
dbw Factory Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 912
Yeah Clavical Injuries Suck, I dislocated mine 4 years ago in a MTB crash after selling the Moto cause it was too dangerous . It is just starting to come good now. One tip I would give is keep your trapezoid muscles loose, once they tighten up it will pop out again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Marty MOOSE Marty MOOSE is offline
dbw Factory Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Perth W.A
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchisLife View Post
Yeah Clavical Injuries Suck, I dislocated mine 4 years ago in a MTB crash after selling the Moto cause it was too dangerous . It is just starting to come good now. One tip I would give is keep your trapezoid muscles loose, once they tighten up it will pop out again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was yours dislocated off the sternum i.e near your neck ?
MM
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
SuchisLife's Avatar
SuchisLife SuchisLife is offline
dbw Factory Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty MOOSE View Post
Was yours dislocated off the sternum i.e near your neck ?

MM


Yep, just below the throat. Used to re-pop out a little and then when I would go for a wee in the middle of the night, would reach down to lift the seat and because my back muscles were relaxed it would pop back in with a resounding crack. Awesome feeling actually.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Marty MOOSE Marty MOOSE is offline
dbw Factory Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Perth W.A
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchisLife View Post
Yep, just below the throat. Used to re-pop out a little and then when I would go for a wee in the middle of the night, would reach down to lift the seat and because my back muscles were relaxed it would pop back in with a resounding crack. Awesome feeling actually.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess I have a goal now less than 4yrs to recover

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
hairyone's Avatar
hairyone hairyone is offline
dbw Pro Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Canberra
Posts: 3,856
I snapped mine like a twig.
Ironic, 20 years dirt-biking & I did that on a MTB.
I've got a chip on my shoulder now: It protrudes.
Not a problem nor inconvenience: It is what it is.
__________________
The More I Learn... The Less I Know.
That Which Doesn't Change... Stays The Same.
Those That Don't Fall... Just Aren't Trying Hard Enough.
Genius or Idiot... Sadly it's Defined by the Mediocre Masses... With their Hindsight.
Dicklaimer... The Text above is to be Evaluated by a Responsible Person... Prior to Any Action Being Taken.

*George Carlin*What We Do*No Bravery*Tell the Truth*911*Genetic Armageddon*Carbon Tax*Interplanetary Climate Change*Fracking*Shock Doctrine*Extinction Protocol*
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
XooM XooM is offline
dbw Pro
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3
Have a read here Marty https://www.physio-pedia.com/Sternoc...oint_Disorders
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Marty MOOSE Marty MOOSE is offline
dbw Factory Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Perth W.A
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by XooM View Post
Cheers XooM XooM Two good men down but not for long.

MM
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Broken collar bone question Dav400 Off Track Talk 13 18-03-2014 01:49 AM
broken collar bone,what protection do you use mickd General Bike Related Discussion 12 08-07-2013 08:49 AM
Collar bone dirtbikeannie Health, Well Being & Fitness 15 25-10-2011 10:48 AM
collar bone protection abesy General Bike Related Discussion 1 24-10-2009 08:29 PM
Anyone broken their collar bone? WRNath Off Track Talk 28 01-06-2006 11:06 PM


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 05:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.