dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Rider Organisations > Trail Rider Action Group

View Poll Results: What do you think of the proposed Trail bikers camping/parking area ?
complete waste of effort and resources, which will do little to stop complaints. 3 5.66%
A good idea, that is a step in the right direction that may help to stop complaints. 50 94.34%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23-11-2006
dbw Pro

I spose i should explain my vote,

That i think it is a waste
Im 23 years old and have had my bike licence since i was 16 and 9 months.
When i was 17 i had a compound fractue in my left leg coming off my bike, riding on the road, not enough protective gear, being silly as a young fella will!

Education is the Key in my opinion, as most people wont see us in the bush so it doesn't matter that much.

I dont think putting an area that is miles from anywhere will stop the young bloke down the road who just got his licence doing wheelies down the road in board shorts and sand shoes!
Everyone looks out their windows and sees a dirt bike, isnt that more damage to the image of riders than me blasting up a hill climb without a sole in sight?

I may be being small minded as i don't want to lose my riding spot and it probably will help.......

Wouldn't be able to use it as i dont have transport for my bike and is a long way from anywhere anyway, what about just a Morning ride wouldnt be possible if you had to trek all the way out there and back!

Ive learnt more bout whats going on in the wattagans in this tread tha i ever knew....Education!

EDIT: IF IT GIVES US A VOICE THEN IT IS A GOOD IDEA....IF IT GIVES US A VOICE
Old 23-11-2006
dbw Pro Legend

I hear where your coming from but theres not a lot I/we can do about the young punk hooning up a down the street, but the hoon trearing up the camping area, next to Mr & Mrs Average Picnicer I can.

One thing that I will be bringing up @ the next TRAC meeting while be the condition of the access rd to the Pines camping area.

I might ride like crap, but I'm hav'n fun, I think
X Club Mud Member 72
KTM 2006 300 EXC
KTM 2002 200 EXC
FOR SALE
KTM 2005 625 SXC - 2 bikes in one - gone
KTM 2003 450 EXC - gone - but not forgotten